Disaster trip thanks to tates travel

i took the 96 to sculpture park too, there i a bit of a wait unfortunately

i took the 96 to sculpture park too, there i a bit of a wait unfortunately

How long did you have to wait for the bus?

We were thinking of something to do with our son, and granddaughter, so we decided on a visit to the Yorkshire sculpture Park. We checked the travel south Yorkshire website and used the journey planner. Bought two tickets for South Yorkshire, and a child one. Got all the way to Barnsley, with 30 minutes to spare, so we waited while 1.10 p.m. for the 96 bus, which never turned up. Just warning people don't rely on the 96 bus, as it regularly doesn't turn up. Obviously we had to give the nice day out up. Ended up going round Barnsley centre instead.

Then to add insult to injury we got evacuated from the Alhambra centre, good day out, not really thanks tates travel. Sort your buses out.

this why the car was invented :)

this why the car was invented :)

I think you will find its cars causing congestion that causes half the problems with buses.

Also, not everyone can afford or even physically is able to drive a car.

SYPTE have terminated another Tates Travel contract to run tendered services at short notice due to performance issues, TM Travel will take over the 203 Barnsley-Doncaster from next week. The same thing happened with the 72/72A Chapeltown-Manvers.

I had an interesting response from somebody at Tate's travel, who took a lot of time to explain how bad things were getting. He informed me that the original boss, was getting fed up of all the complaints, and he has come back to restore public confidence. They are planning to reduce the number of bus services they run, as they bidded for too many services, and don't have enough busses if one breaks down.

He was very apoligetic and sincere, so I have to admire them for taking responsibility and taking time to explain their situation. They did recieve additional investment from some transport company, but instead of money promised they recieved a number of coaches, which as the bloke explained, coaches are of little use to a bus company.

I was satisfied with the apoligy and explanation.

I had an interesting response from somebody at Tate's travel, who took a lot of time to explain how bad things were getting. He informed me that the original boss, was getting fed up of all the complaints, and he has come back to restore public confidence. They are planning to reduce the number of bus services they run, as they bidded for too many services, and don't have enough busses if one breaks down.

He was very apoligetic and sincere, so I have to admire them for taking responsibility and taking time to explain their situation. They did recieve additional investment from some transport company, but instead of money promised they recieved a number of coaches, which as the bloke explained, coaches are of little use to a bus company.

Another victim of King Long from the days when Island Fortitude of Barbados held the UK franchise....

http://www.route-one.net/industry/island-fortitude-investors-decide-to-pull-the-plug/

Guest busdriver1

Good old Grahame, still good at the excuses. He happily took the coaches and some buses in payment for a part share in the company he had been trying to sell for 5 times its value for the last 5 or so years and then went looking for work for the coaches. What he got late in the season was bottom drawer work that drivers did not want to come to him to do. He could have taken more buses but opted for coaches as he was sure he would take on the world and win.

Where he excels is excuses and bullying drivers into driving defective buses. He turned round and said "if you dont like it theres the door" and stood in amazement when half of them walked.

He now has a hard core of drivers who are basically unemployable as thats all that is left working for him as they cant get jobs elsewhere.

There can only be one result at the hearing as the ministry dont get fooled like our lovely PTE by his lies.

Emergency plans are in place to replace their services when the inevitable happens.