Can Sheffield support more asylum seekers?

Can/should Sheffield support more asylum seekers?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Can/should Sheffield support more asylum seekers?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, provide aid and military support, not asylum

I hope people dragging in cancer treatment and the like are also against Trident?

yes its a waste of money

For trident that has secured and will secure your freedom much better than the EU has or will. Each and every person has things they believe should or should not be funded, so long as they are tax payers in this country they are welcome to those views. Should they be against various things then every five years they have the opportunity to change what is funded through the ballot box by supporting whichever party reflects their views. Even labour has supported trident. I am for trident and I also believe that benefits should be cut down to 14k a year ( unless you are disabled )the system was only ever intended to assist able bodied people At a time of need, it was never envisaged as a way of life like people us it now. Your views on trident are at odds to mine as no doubt my views on benefits are at odds to yours, each person to their own opinion.

I hope people dragging in cancer treatment and the like are also against Trident?

Trident defends our way of life, cancer treatment help our sick, how will Syrian migrants, some of whom are criminals, help us.

Mod Note

OK, no posts have been deleted, however there are several off topic posts and if I removed them all there wouldn't be much thread left.

So if you wish to discuss other topics, kindly do so in another thread, the topic here is "Can Sheffield support more asylum seekers?".

Any further off topic posts will be removed.

Edited by esme

The answer is still NO,there are too many immigrants in Sheffield already who have been here years and still CANNOT speak English, do not have a job ( unless cash in hand car washer ) and get too many benefits taking houses away from people who have been on the council list for years, blocking up GP surgeries with diseases such as TB which had been eradicated from this country. NO NO NO send some back.

yeah, tridents a WASTE of money. its been done to death.

The answer is still NO,there are too many immigrants in Sheffield already who have been here years and still CANNOT speak English, do not have a job ( unless cash in hand car washer ) and get too many benefits taking houses away from people who have been on the council list for years, blocking up GP surgeries with diseases such as TB which had been eradicated from this country. NO NO NO send some back.

I'm impressed with how many lazy stereotypes you managed to get into one paragraph! Chapeau!

why work when the benefits cap in Sheffield is 20k but average UK wage is 27k. You could save 7k by not travelling to work or having a car, that's assuming you are average wage, I know plenty that are not.

for a start the average wage in sheffield is £18k. The benefits cap referred to is total benefits cap. And most of that goes into a pocket of a private landlord.

we don't just give people £20k.

You are welcome leftie

Leftie! Ha ha ha. How did you come to that conclusion?

The poll is still showing 3 to 1 against maybe average joe public is finally waking up

---------- Post added 07-09-2015 at 15:13 ----------

Do not flatter yourself Nixon, I would not waste my time on you I was replying to PM

Are you Alf Garnett in disguise?