Can Sheffield support more asylum seekers?

Can/should Sheffield support more asylum seekers?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Can/should Sheffield support more asylum seekers?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, provide aid and military support, not asylum

We have raped the resources of many of these countries for years, we have interfered in there politics and supported or started wars for one reason or another, now it's payback time, all humans should be supported, this is no longer a world with borders and barriers, we do not live in a gated community.

One day it could be our turn to ask for help!

We did that once before in WWII and also paid for that help, but the remarkable thing is that Great Britain used its own people to fight and they didn't run away.

N.Africa is a big place and with all the money (£billions) being spent at the moment on this crisis a new city could be built there to house them. It would give a safe haven so that when the conflict is over they could safely return. That way they would not need to undertake a perilous journey or be subject to traffickers.

Unfortunately this is a world of borders and barriers.

We have raped the resources of many of these countries for years, we have interfered in there politics and supported or started wars for one reason or another, now it's payback time, all humans should be supported, this is no longer a world with borders and barriers, we do not live in a gated community.

One day it could be our turn to ask for help!

Y'see, I agree with this too...

But then part of the problem might be our Labour led multicultural society which, 'tho I agree in principal, has allowed immigrant ghettoes to form, and stopped them assimilating into our way of life, causing our culture to change to adapt to them.

Are we importing the sectarian problems over here, or have I simply been reading the Daily Mail too much?

Edited by Anna B

Some lovely scenes as refugees receive a rapturous welcome in Frankfurt Germany. Very heartwarming.

This is how it should be, and long may it continue. It shames us all.

But will the reception be as warm in future, after the first million or so have settled? Will they be allowed to change the nature of the German culture as they are arguably doing here? In short, will the refugees outstay their welcome?

How bizzare. :loopy::help:

Y'see, I agree with this too...

But then part of the problem might be our Labour led multicultural society which, 'tho I agree in principal, has allowed immigrant ghettoes to form, and stopped them assimilating into our way of life, causing our culture to change to adapt to them.

Are we importing the sectarian problems over here, or have I simply been reading the Daily Mail too much?

Yes we should force them to follow our way of life?

What has happened to the housing crisis out of curiousity. If you read from Chem1st and a few others on here months ago you will understand there is a housing shortage. People waiting years to go on the housing ladder. Yet the same group of people (I dont mean Chem1st this time) who say we had a housing crisis are now saying we should take in refugees.

Has the housing crisis been resolved? If not where are these refugees going to go?

I've gone for option 2 as we have enough immigrants and ethnics as it is and we will be a minority a bit quicker if we import more foreign people.

---------- Post added 06-09-2015 at 19:10 ----------

Some lovely scenes as refugees receive a rapturous welcome in Frankfurt Germany. Very heartwarming.

But will the reception be as warm in future, after the first million or so have settled? Will they be allowed to change the nature of the German culture as they are arguably doing here? In short, will the refugees outstay their welcome?

The silent majority of us DO NOT WANT THEM.

It's stopping any minute now if my radio was to be believed. Angela has said no more unrestricted movement or something. I'll see if I can find a link.

It's stopping any minute now if my radio was to be believed. Angela has said no more unrestricted movement or something. I'll see if I can find a link.

I never believed the 800,000 figure anyway. It was quoted in the media but no-one seems to know the basis of it.

Thanks for the link in advance of you posting it.

Something else to think about is that in the world, whites are a minority group. Whites can be counted in the hundreds of millions where as Asians, Arabs and blacks are counted in the billions. Thanks to the evil left wing agenda and greedy shareholders wanting cheap labour, soon whites will be the minority group even in our homeland of Europe.

Yeah, that's what that Norwegian bloke thought too.

Problem is his plan to protect the White race, involved killing off large parts of the white race.

Yeah, that's what that Norwegian bloke thought too.

Problem is his plan to protect the White race, involved killing off large parts of the white race.

He has mental health problems.

Hots on has common sense and the right opinion.

thousands coming in unvetted how do we know they not rapists murderers or paedos