Stories of my dad LISHER

Saw his seat empty tonight at the castle. Its like a piece of familiar furniture was missing so things just looked wrong. :(

Bless. Did drive past the castle and said to my daughter "I wonder if anyone is sat in his seat?"she laughed and said she could imagine me running in castle and guarding the chair x x

Yes is proper name is Trevor Boardman. Glen your dad must be Cyril Carrington. Dad was devestated when your dad died but yes think my Dad will be encouraging them all to drink gin and perno now . Remember taking my dad to see your mum Nellie a few years ago in Northern General. Remember my dad looking after Fagans for a week when Fagan when on holiday.

---------- Post added 05-09-2015 at 23:52 ----------

Yes he is. How did you know him?

---------- Post added 05-09-2015 at 23:53 ----------

Yes he is. How did you know him?

---------- Post added 06-09-2015 at 00:07 ----------

GlennC did you have a sandwich shop with your mum?

Yes we did, The Lunch Box on Attercliffe Road.

Glenn my Dad often talked about you. Took my dad to visit Nellie and we stayed ages with her and he also went to see your Dad quite a few times when he was poorly. Nellie and Cyril were both beautiful people. I found a photo yesterday with Cyril and my Dad on.

---------- Post added 06-09-2015 at 07:56 ----------

R.I.P. Trevor...What a nice fella.

How did you know my Dad?

Edited by Claire37pink

Met him a few times and did a bit of business with him in the Norfolk,always seemed a nice and honest bloke to me.

Met him a few times and did a bit of business with him in the Norfolk,always seemed a nice and honest bloke to me.

Lol ukdobby that sums him up nicely and very politely . Thank you for taking the time to reply x x

I was sad to hear of the passing of a very very good friend of my fathers, I remember great times in the Talbot and many late nights in Fagans:hihi:.

They were a great bunch of blokes to know, Trevor, my dad Cyril, Derek Hill, Fred Robinson, Mick Staley, Ken Hartley, Jack Batty and numerous others whose names escape my memory.

RIP Trevor, sadly another one of the old school leaves us, in my minds eye now I can see Trevor and Cyril raising a glass of Gin and Bitter Lemon with big smiles on their faces, just like they always had.

Derek Myers, fat Allan, their Brains, Albert Hartley, Malc Marples, Ray Morgan,

That bar in the Talbot is emptying, and getting quieter, some good times were had.

Derek Myers, fat Allan, their Brains, Albert Hartley, Malc Marples, Ray Morgan,

That bar in the Talbot is emptying, and getting quieter, some good times were had.

So amazing hearing all the names that I heard hundreds of times at a child. The bar in the talbot is emptying but I bet they are having afterbird in heaven! My grandad once took us in his horse and cart to Talbot to see my Dad. He parked horse and cart outside Talbot and we got a coke off my Dad. They Talbot was always very full and loud on a Sunday afternoon. I can still remember the lay out of the pub. Thank you

Glenn my Dad often talked about you. Took my dad to visit Nellie and we stayed ages with her and he also went to see your Dad quite a few times when he was poorly. Nellie and Cyril were both beautiful people. I found a photo yesterday with Cyril and my Dad on.

How did you know my Dad?

Thanks for your memories of my Mum and Dad, it means a lot !

My dad sadly passed away on Bank holiday Monday , last week and would love to hear any stories anyone has of him so that I can tell the speaker next week. He knew hundreds of people from his time with CHILD's, from working in my nan and grandad's scrap yard and the endless pubs he went in. Have seen lots of his friends names mention on here. Hope people can help x x

---------- Post added 05-09-2015 at 11:18 ----------

Have been told of one by his friend Roy that he once got stuck down the grate trying to get in cos my mum had locked him out!

Always knew him as leeshy he weighed in at Wilf Collins yard regularly scrap and rags on Alfred road down Cliffe .... RIP he used to buy owt at right price bless him then make a profit not sure if horse was his or borrowed from Wilf . hope this helps

How did you know my Dad?

I knew for years from town mainly and Rodney in bottom of lane,Cannon Hen and Chicks,Railway club etc.Sound like a right lush don't I.I live on Shiregreen and some of your family live on here also.Denis Sheedy(Denbo)?Also,isn't Gary Rasdale related to you? He and a couple of the Sheedy brothers used to play football for me years ago.Small world eh?

Always knew him as leeshy he weighed in at Wilf Collins yard regularly scrap and rags on Alfred road down Cliffe .... RIP he used to buy owt at right price bless him then make a profit not sure if horse was his or borrowed from Wilf . hope this helps

Yes he did work on scrap for my grandad, Johnny Collins on Hill Street,off London Road . Wilf Collins was my grandads brother. He must have given better prices than my grandad. The horse and cart was my grandads.

hi claire

sorry to hear about lish, had many a happy time in the brickies and peacock pubs,

he used to come past our door and say comming up peacock, no i say skint he would say common, and many sundays in the brickies after swimming at glossop rd,

be there tuesday

frank