Sheffield Clarion Ramblers - Last walk after 115 years

Hi,

Just to let everyone know who may be interested. The last Sheffield Clarion Ramblers walk ever will take place tomorrow.

The club will be ending (for now) due to a lack of new members. If you would like to come along, please PM me and i will let my uncle know and get back to you.

This club was started in 1900 but over the last few years a lack of walk leaders and an ageing membership (plus no online presence to attract new members) has meant that the group is ending.

If they can get new members im sure it can be saved! so if you are interested in joining and trying to kick start this historic club back into life or would like to come on one last walk please get in touch asap!!

http://www.thestar.co.uk/what-s-on/out-about/sheffield-ramblers-reach-end-of-the-road-1-7440270

Edited by drummer54as

Only just seen this, it's a great shame. I do find the comment about young people in the article rather offensive however. There are plenty of popular and growing walking clubs, for example the Sheffield 20s/30s group apparently has over 200 members.

You can't join a club that you've never heard of! People nowadays move around a lot, people often don't end up living where they grew up, they don't 'just know' about the clubs in their area. If they'd put themselves out there they wouldn't have been in this situation.