Boy's naked selfie recorded as crime

A boy of who sent a naked photograph of himself to a girl at school has had the crime of making and disturbing indecent images recorded against him by police wtf????

Hes only 14 for heaven sake I think the police went too far as kids can be kids, his name will be based on database and can effect him finding work.

A boy of who sent a naked photograph of himself to a girl at school has had the crime of making and disturbing indecent images recorded against him by police wtf????

Hes only 14 for heaven sake I think the police went too far as kids can be kids, his name will be based on database and can effect him finding work.

The girl he sent it to, who then sent it on has also had that crime reported.

These laws were badly written and were always going to end up being misused.

Was the girl the same age? Younger? Older?

Did she welcome the picture?

Encourage it?

Ask for it?

Was the picture sent as part of a harassment campaign or just harmless consensual fun?

Encourage it?

Ask for it?

Was the picture sent as part of a harassment campaign or just harmless consensual fun?

From what I read and my understanding, she was a similar age and captured the Snapchat image before distributing liberally across the whole school via social media. The boy will be essentially branded a pervert for 10 years when applying for certain jobs, while the girl, despite distributing images of a minor, as far as I understand gets away scot free.

One has to wonder how the case would've been handled if a girl took her picture and sent to a boy, who then distributed to all his mates. My guess would be no action against the girl and criminal charges against the boy.

Welcome to 21st century equality.

I read a quote today along the lines of:

If I sunbathe naked in my garden and my female neighbour sees me, I'm a flasher.

If my neighbour sunbathes naked in her garden and I see her, I'm a peeping Tom.

:hihi:

From what I read and my understanding, she was a similar age and captured the Snapchat image before distributing liberally across the whole school via social media. The boy will be essentially branded a pervert for 10 years when applying for certain jobs, while the girl, despite distributing images of a minor, as far as I understand gets away scot free.

One has to wonder how the case would've been handled if a girl took her picture and sent to a boy, who then distributed to all his mates. My guess would be no action against the girl and criminal charges against the boy.

If I sunbathe naked in my garden and my female neighbour sees me, I'm a flasher.

Love the quote :-D

Nope you're wrong, the girl got the same treatment as the boy. Her sending the image on was recorded as a crime, as did another teenager. Click here for more.

This all seems well harsh on the lad and if the girl distributed it and yet faces no charges well thats just plain unfair.

---------- Post added 03-09-2015 at 20:55 ----------

Nope you're wrong, the girl got the same treatment as the boy. Her sending the image on was recorded as a crime, as did another teenager. Click here for more.

Thanks for that.

Yes, I read the same article earlier and it reads to me as though all involved were included in the crime report but the boy is the one who will get flagged up on CRB checks. It isn't clear. The "analysis" section has been added since I read the article and appears to clarify that all involved will be affected by the CRB issue, although that may be an assumption.

Yes, I read the same article earlier and it reads to me as though all involved were included in the crime report but the boy is the one who will get flagged up on CRB checks. It isn't clear. The "analysis" section has been added since I read the article and appears to clarify that all involved will be affected by the CRB issue, although that may be an assumption.

The reason the article is slanted towards the boy who sent the photo is also explained in the article, the mother was on the Today program talking about it.

Encourage it?

Ask for it?

She didn't make a complaint. She forwarded the image to multiple friends.

He hasn't been charged, so it isn't clear what exactly would be in the intelligence system or what would come up in a DBS check (he hasn't even been given a caution).

---------- Post added 03-09-2015 at 21:20 ----------

Apparently not.

However, his mother was told her son's details - along with those of the girl involved and another teenager - had been added to a police intelligence database and could be stored for at least 10 years.

Of course it could well just be the mother who doesn't really understand.

---------- Post added 03-09-2015 at 21:22 ----------

Standard (£26)

This checks for spent and unspent convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings.

Enhanced (£44)

This includes the same as the standard check plus any additional information held by local police that’s reasonably considered relevant to the workforce being applied for (adult, child or ‘other’ workforce).

‘Other’ workforce means those who don’t work with children or adults specifically, but potentially both, eg taxi drivers. In this case, the police will only release information that’s relevant to the post being applied for.

So it seems that the data on the investigation might come out under an enhanced check, but it wouldn't with a basic check.

Whether this would be considered relevant to any post as an adult I don't know.

She didn't make a complaint. She forwarded the image to multiple friends.

He hasn't been charged, so it isn't clear what exactly would be in the intelligence system or what would come up in a DBS check (he hasn't even been given a caution).

---------- Post added 03-09-2015 at 21:20 ----------

Apparently not.

Of course it could well just be the mother who doesn't really understand.

---------- Post added 03-09-2015 at 21:22 ----------

So it seems that the data on the investigation might come out under an enhanced check, but it wouldn't with a basic check.

Whether this would be considered relevant to any post as an adult I don't know.

Yes, it would be relevant to certain posts, such as jobs with access to children.

That aside, shocking reporting even by the BBC News website's standards.