Getting change in sheffield

Anyone know somewhere in Sheffield where I can change notes for pound coins other than a bank? Preferably close to center

Our electric meter in our flat is really old and requires pound coins to top up. I'm getting fed up of asking cashiers in every shop I go in to change for pound coins, they see it as a massive inconvenience most of the time

Other than banks or building societies, shops are your only option really, and even then it's at the cashier's discretion...

I would contact your energy supplier, ask them to install a new meter....

I thought it was illegal to have one of these meters now as they don't meet safety standards or aren't accurate enough at reading your usage or something.....

Illegal? I'll have to look it up, it seems cheap enough anyways like £1.50 a day just a real pain getting the right change

Arcades normal have change dispensers, although I'd guess they'd probably expect you to play a machine.

Illegal? I'll have to look it up, it seems cheap enough anyways like £1.50 a day just a real pain getting the right change

ok, it seems it isn't illegal, (can't remember where I saw that before) but the energy companies tend to not install them now due to the fact they aren't very accurate, or easy to use....

some landlords may install them in shared or converted houses to be able to split the bill across a few tenants...

Either way, call your energy supplier, explain to them, and i'm sure they'll come and put a different meter in (Key top up)

Anyone know somewhere in Sheffield where I can change notes for pound coins other than a bank? Preferably close to center

Our electric meter in our flat is really old and requires pound coins to top up. I'm getting fed up of asking cashiers in every shop I go in to change for pound coins, they see it as a massive inconvenience most of the time

i used to live in a flat with the old coin meter. i just saved pound coins that i got in my change and put them in a jar next to the meter and just fed some in now and then to keep it topped up. trying to get shops to change my notes for coins was near impossible.

I've definitely seen a change machine in the bus interchange (think it was near the National Express desk) but I don't know whether it gives out pound coins.

I've always found the smaller post offices helpful with change.

I've definitely seen a change machine in the bus interchange (think it was near the National Express desk) but I don't know whether it gives out pound coins.

No it doesn't give out pound coins, it gives out 10p's (When it works) :(

Used to be a change machine at the railway station, not sure if it is still there.

I think like the bus station though it was put in to cater for those requiring change for the turnstile at the toilet facilities.