Gas leak evacuation sheffield S11

Houses evacuated as road surfacing contractors have severed a gas main. Seems to be towards bottom of road.

The road is closed 7-7 anyway due to the resurfacing. Hopefully someone will post here when people can go back to their houses (or if they already can).

It looks like emergency services are dealing with a suspected gas leak near Bingham Park in Sheffield.

It also seems that dozens of homes on Oakbrook Road, in Greystones are being evacuated as a precaution.

Where's everybody going to & for how long? Errrr....will we be able to come home tonight?

My hubby has been called out to this... They are still standing down as the gas pressure is too high still! The gas is that loud he's having to wear ear muffs! Very dangerous all streets been evacuated & he's told me not to expect him home till late!

Copper outside said it's gonna be 24hrs before we're allowed back to our house. What a set of numpties

We just drove past on rustling a rd yes police ambulances and alsorts at the bottom of the rd where it's blocked off. Funny because I could smell it near the top of eccy rd earlier

There's another thread going on this, someone on that one states that they've been told that they'll not be going home for 24 hours! :o

Copper outside said it's gonna be 24hrs before we're allowed back to our house. What a set of numpties

Are the flats in the Riverdale complex affected?

Are the flats in the Riverdale complex affected?

I live on the rustlings court complex and we've been evacuated until further notice