Being sworn at for no reason..

It makes me wonder what certain people on here are doing or saying to warrant such negative comments aimed at them by other folk in town. It would seem from their comments that maybe people take exception being looked down to.

---------- Post added 04-09-2015 at 17:27 ----------

Some of the youths today need a slap.

What is it with people wanting to assault young people on here?

I regularly get sworn at for no reason - I am a nurse who works very hard for the NHS.

Maybe it is because I was in Hull last weekend but I have to say that in ten years to this point I have never thought of Sheffield city centre as anything but decent. Yes it has its share of ne'er-do-wells but in a city of half a million people anything else would be surprising.

Stop sensationalising - we're not living in The Bronx!

Maybe it is because I was in Hull last weekend but I have to say that in ten years to this point I have never thought of Sheffield city centre as anything but decent. Yes it has its share of ne'er-do-wells but in a city of half a million people anything else would be surprising.

Stop sensationalising - we're not living in The Bronx!

When you've been to hull, any other city seems like paradise.

When you've been to hull, any other city seems like paradise.

Well I've been to Hull for the weekend fairly recently and I found it a nice place. Perhaps you've not been for a while

It makes me wonder what certain people on here are doing or saying to warrant such negative comments aimed at them by other folk in town. It would seem from their comments that maybe people take exception being looked down to.

---------- Post added 04-09-2015 at 17:27 ----------

I was merely walking down the street. Didn't have the chance to "look down" on the person swearing at me. I find it odd that you can try and defend such behaviour and indeed disturbing.

I was merely walking down the street. Didn't have the chance to "look down" on the person swearing at me. I find it odd that you can try and defend such behaviour and indeed disturbing.

I am not defending this behaviour at all, I just find it unusual. It does not happen to me. I was merely commenting on the attitude other posters have towards the people who inhabit Sheffield city centre and wondering if their attitude could have an influence on how they are spoken to.

Well I've been to Hull for the weekend fairly recently and I found it a nice place. Perhaps you've not been for a while

really? Youre talking utter rubbish. Hull is a horrible depressed place. Sheff city centre is marginally better.

Don't often feel compelled to post on here but just wanted to say to the youth who came up to my face on Surrey Street this lunchtime and told me completely out of the blue to "f off" and to his two inane grinning companions that I hope their parents are really proud of what they have raised. I heard him mutter something about me looking casual and not wearing a tie. Maybe if he got a job and had the chance to make a choice of whether to wear a tie or nit he'd be better off. Never mind. Rant over but shouldn't expect to come across people like that.

You know what I'd have done mate? I'd have given him a good pasting and made him cry in front of his grinning mates.

It's the only thing some people understand and he sounds like he deserves it.

Having said that - is there something about you, the way you look or act or dress, that attracts comments like this?

You know what I'd have done mate? I'd have given him a good pasting and made him cry in front of his grinning mates.

It's the only thing some people understand and he sounds like he deserves it.

Having said that - is there something about you, the way you look or act or dress, that attracts comments like this?

No. I was on my lunch break walking down the street minding my own business. I wear a suit for work and I had taken my tie off which is what this nice chap commented upon before telling me where to go. I was so surprised that I didn't have time to come up with a reply not that it merited one really I suppose.

I worked near West Street and used to spend a lot of time there, never had a problem. People who think it is that bad don't get out often enough...

Sure there are some drunks and beggars, who cares, Sheffield has half a million souls in it, there are always going to be a number of unsavoury elements.

Edit. btw with regards to the OP, there are numpties in the world, they didn't do anything to harm you. I agree it is frustrating to see people stoop this low, but c'est la vie.

People spitting, swearing, urinating in the street, heavy petting at the bus stop, breaking wind and/or belching in public, vaping, taking drugs, picking pockets, chewing gum..............der, d, der, d der................ need I go on?

I avoid town like the plague - is there any wonder? People of my age see it as a no go area these days. It's a shame, it really is.

GET A GRIP SHEFFIELD COUNCIL - SPEND OUR MONEY ON THE RIGHT THINGS! :rant: