Being sworn at for no reason..

Don't often feel compelled to post on here but just wanted to say to the youth who came up to my face on Surrey Street this lunchtime and told me completely out of the blue to "f off" and to his two inane grinning companions that I hope their parents are really proud of what they have raised. I heard him mutter something about me looking casual and not wearing a tie. Maybe if he got a job and had the chance to make a choice of whether to wear a tie or nit he'd be better off. Never mind. Rant over but shouldn't expect to come across people like that.

Its all to often the case when your in the city centre. I get all sort of rude comments. either when I am on my push bike or walking along the pedestrian walk ways. Its T=====r this or T==t that.

Its water off a ducks back as far as i am concerned.

Where i draw the line though is when you get assaulted for no good reason.

It takes a huge effort not to fight back.

It would not be worth having a criminal record for the undoubted police involvement afterwards.

It would not be worth having a criminal record for the undoubted police involvement afterwards.

You could do with a personal body camera, so you have evidence you weren't the aggressor. Mind you, I wonder how much of the city is covered by CCTV?

I was in town on 2 separate occasions this week.

God the amount of scum washed up in city centre is appalling.

In my two 10 minute journeys, i saw a thief being frog marched from tesco, beggers everywhere, cop cars everywhere...Drunks and druggies inspecting bins and hassling pedestrians.

and what is it with beggers and dogs? Do they have timeshare system on dogs to get more sympathy or what?

---------- Post added 03-09-2015 at 13:24 ----------

Its all to often the case when your in the city centre. I get all sort of rude comments. either when I am on my push bike or walking along the pedestrian walk ways. Its T=====r this or T==t that.

No way would I cycle in the city for pleasure. Unless its very fast and through the city to a more desirable part of sheffield.

Edited by TJC1

I was in town on 2 separate occasions this week.

God the amount of scum washed up in city centre is appalling.

In my two 10 minute journeys, i saw a thief being frog marched from tesco, beggers everywhere, cop cars everywhere...Drunks and druggies.

---------- Post added 03-09-2015 at 13:24 ----------

No way would I cycle in the city for pleasure. Unless its very fast and through the city to a more desirable part of sheffield.

Why is it that I never see all the Streets of shame that are a regular feature on Sheffield forum .

Why is it that I never see all the Streets of shame that are a regular feature on Sheffield forum .

West street....just spend 10 minutes there.

If its not tramps, beggars and thieves its rowdy drunks or internationals...it has an unfriendly vibe uncommon from the rest of sheffield and its traditional friendliness.

Horrid place.

If its not tramps, beggars and thieves its rowdy drunks or internationals...it has an unfriendly vibe uncommon from the rest of sheffield and its traditional friendliness.

Horrid place.

I'm with Lee Chong on this, I've never been insulted or assaulted on the streets of Sheffield (yet).

West Street on a Friday or Saturday evening does seem a little intimidating though I have to admit, but it isn't the bums that bother me it's the drunken chavies that seem the most intimidating to me.

I'm with Lee Chong on this, I've never been insulted or assaulted on the streets of Sheffield (yet).

West Street on a Friday or Saturday evening does seem a little intimidating though I have to admit, but it isn't the bums that bother me it's the drunken chavies that seem the most intimidating to me.

my report was mid week...and i dont go into town ever

.was shocked

Take a stroll down town any Friday or Saturday night. It's an eye opener!

Why would you have a police record after defending yourself?

Perhaps Iv been lucky or my turn not due yet,but Iv never had any problems while visiting Sheffield. Been to Derby which on the other hand can't say the same unfortunately. Not a nice experience regardless of where it happens.

Horrid place.

I regularly walk up to and along West Street during lunch (and on a Friday evening) and it's nothing like you describe.

I can remember a few instances of random comments, but nothing like the regular abuse described by monkey69, and in about 20 years of regularly going out for a drink I believe I've been in a scuffle twice, so random assaults don't seem to be a thing at all.

---------- Post added 03-09-2015 at 16:19 ----------

Perhaps you're having abuse shouted at you after running all the red lights?