Changing childrens surname

How do I go about changing my childrens surname to mine I dont want my children to have their dad surname hes never been there for them growing up he was always on his computer 24 7 hes always put his needs before the kids while I took care of them I want them to have my surname.

Edited by johnnyeng

Sorry about that....if you Google changing a child's name by deed poll you will find all the info.

Basically though you cannot do it without the consent of the father or a court order giving you permission.

I have 3 grown up children who all changed their names to that of their stepfather but the youngest was 15 and old enough to decide for himself that it was what he wanted and also their father had not even made contact for 12 years.

I tend to get a court order with help from the children's social worker hes a terrible father he doesnt put their needs first but himself basically he prefers to sleep around and not think what impact it ll have on the kids rumors going round already regarding him wont be long before it gets to my daughter from her friends at school

and im thinking of my and kids respect