A sheffield pub to become a shop

Would they rather it sit there derilict and disused, gathering dust, not being maintained and eventually being condemned.. mean while it won't look great either..

OR, get renovated, turned into something, and used.....

I know which I would prefer...

I think people should be more open minded about underused churches and pubs being converted into other uses. If the community that used to support the venue have disappeared then there is little point in others struggling to try and make anything out of it. Better to reuse it as something more suitable.

It stopped being a pub because locals stopped using it enough.

the locals used it enough but the owners pubco or whoever made it impossible for the tenants , with this outcome in mind . my main point is why did the owners not say it was going to be a shop at the start, when everyone knew?

the locals used it enough but the owners pubco or whoever made it impossible for the tenants , with this outcome in mind . my main point is why did the owners not say it was going to be a shop at the start, when everyone knew?

This is par for the course for many pubcos. Up the rents, force the prices up and then when footfall reduces claim that the pub is unprofitable and underused. They then sell it for flats or or shops.

In this case the initial planning permission was given on the basis that it would remain a pub. Now Langar Estates have moved the goalposts there is no way they should be granted retrospective permission.

People should bear in mind that pubcos are desperate to reduce their property portfolios, they are primarily property owners not a pub business. This means that even the most popular and highly rated pub in their portfolio can be sold off if the price is right. No doubt they'd try to impose a restrictive covenant as well to stop any prospective new owners from re-opening as a pub.

I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

This is par for the course for many pubcos. Up the rents, force the prices up and then when footfall reduces claim that the pub is unprofitable and underused. They then sell it for flats or or shops.

In this case the initial planning permission was given on the basis that it would remain a pub. Now Langar Estates have moved the goalposts there is no way they should be granted retrospective permission.

People should bear in mind that pubcos are desperate to reduce their property portfolios, they are primarily property owners not a pub business. This means that even the most popular and highly rated pub in their portfolio can be sold off if the price is right. No doubt they'd try to impose a restrictive covenant as well to stop any prospective new owners from re-opening as a pub.

totally agree , but will the council stand up to them ?