Punchbowl pub Crookes

Oooohh no - it’s the first thing on the list for me when I go in a pub.

“A pint please landlord......hang on......before you pull it - can you spell welcome?”

And if not should you be running any business?

As I said a 4 year old could well be able to spell welcome. Doesnt really bode well :rolleyes:

"Doesn't." Should be "doesn't ".

going in there tonight will i be shocked ?

Was hoping to take my daughter up there for a Pizza Wednesday night. I assume the ovens aren't back on then?

Has now been taken over by True North brewery so hopefully better times ahead.

Yet another refurb is presumably almost done. I wonder what this one will bring. 

opens Tuesday of next week (17th September).

The pub now has a proper kitchen that has been built upstairs rather than just a tiny prep area at the end of the bar so will be able to offer a full fresh food menu for the first time. Also looks like a decent quality beer range is planned too.

Should be similar format to their other pubs such as the York, Broadfield, Blue Stoops, British Oak etc. Most of those have a bar side, restaurant side and decent outdoor drinking area.

Edited by Andy C

4 hours ago, Andy C said:

opens Tuesday of next week (17th September).

The pub now has a proper kitchen that has been built upstairs rather than just a tiny prep area at the end of the bar so will be able to offer a full fresh food menu for the first time. Also looks like a decent quality beer range is planned too.

Should be similar format to their other pubs such as the York, Broadfield, Blue Stoops, British Oak etc. Most of those have a bar side, restaurant side and decent outdoor drinking area.

I was a fan of the wood fired pizza oven, that was the main feature of one of its previous incarnations.Presumably this has now gone?

13 hours ago, bluecanary said:

I was a fan of the wood fired pizza oven, that was the main feature of one of its previous incarnations.Presumably this has now gone?

In its brief period of being run by Reet Ale Pubs as "Pizza at the Punchbowl" they had a pizza oven installed, I don't think it was wood fired though, main reason they went down the pizza road is the pub didn't have a proper kitchen so they did pizzas at the end of the bar! The pub was being leased from Greene King Brewery then though. 

Yes, the bar has been refitted as part of the refurbishment and a proper kitchen has been built upstairs.

I've not seen the menu advertised yet but I imagine it will be similar to their other pubs. The Punchbowl website is https://www.punchbowlcrookes.co.uk/