Punchbowl pub Crookes

Guest makapaka

Just been past and all new signage is going up.

looking forward to it opening - anyone know when it will be?

1 minute ago, makapaka said:

Just been past and all new signage is going up.

looking forward to it opening - anyone know when it will be?

Tuesday according to their Facebook page.

I'll be going on Friday, when no doubt it will be rammed. Ho hum :)

I went in last night. Rammed and very noisy at 8pm but calmed  down as the night went on.

It's a True North so it does exactly what it says on the tin. Reminded me of the York, which isn't surprising . Clearly Kane knows his stuff when it comes to Pubs  or he wouldn't be so successful 

I wouldn't go out of the way to walk up there just for the Punchbowl,  but would build it into an evening with a meal out and maybe cross over to Two Sheds  .

One thing I will say, it's a lot warmer than when it was Reet Ale

The Crow is still our favourite of the updated boozers by a long way   

It looks interesting and seems there is some money being spent on the place of late. (About time, it's a fantastic building.)

Iv'e seen a sign saying 'Car Boot'....Do they ever do a car boot sale there ?

Guest makapaka
5 hours ago, FinBak said:

It looks interesting and seems there is some money being spent on the place of late. (About time, it's a fantastic building.)

Iv'e seen a sign saying 'Car Boot'....Do they ever do a car boot sale there ?

Nah - that signs been there forever and I imagine will disappear shortly if not already.

i might call in at weekend - if it’s anything like the other true north pubs I’m really chuffed to have it relatively nearby. 

On 18/09/2019 at 13:44, WalkleyIan said:

Where is Crow pub?

I went in last night. Rammed and very noisy at 8pm but calmed  down as the night went on.

It's a True North so it does exactly what it says on the tin. Reminded me of the York, which isn't surprising . Clearly Kane knows his stuff when it comes to Pubs  or he wouldn't be so successful 

I wouldn't go out of the way to walk up there just for the Punchbowl,  but would build it into an evening with a meal out and maybe cross over to Two Sheds  .

One thing I will say, it's a lot warmer than when it was Reet Ale

The Crow is still our favourite of the updated boozers by a long way   

47 minutes ago, markfor said:

Where is Crow pub?

Scotland Street. It used to be the Crown many years ago.

I called in yesterday afternoon. They've made a nice job of it. It looks and feels like a decent pub now. It's not radically different to the Reet Ale incarnation apart from the lack of massive pizza oven, a nicer paint job and better lighting and overall standard of decor. That's fine though as there wasn't much wrong with it before in my view. Decent range of beers.  Thumbs up.

Edited by Bilge

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, Bilge said:

I called in yesterday afternoon. They've made a nice job of it. It looks and feels like a decent pub now. It's not radically different to the Reet Ale incarnation apart from the lack of massive pizza oven, a nicer paint job and better lighting and overall standard of decor. That's fine though as there wasn't much wrong with it before in my view. Decent range of beers.  Thumbs up.

I agree - I thought there might be more of a change from the reet ale version but it did look better.

bit of a David Bowie obsession going on in there tho?

went in last weekend , a pint of red stripe and a pint of pumpkin spiced ale , not much change out of a tenner ,  town prices on crookes , whatever next !