Which television programmes would you like to see return?

I've just been watching some old Tomorrows World programmes and they were truly inspirational. I never really appreciated how innovative they were when I watched them as a youngster.

It's so sad that a whole generation of young people are going to be deprived of educational and forward thinking programmes such as this.

Exactly- instead they are inundated with useless reality shows/celebrity crap and X Factor/Pop Idol etc.

So much crap on tv today.

I enjoyed Willow the Wisp too - funny 'cos I was only saying the other day that one of my work colleagues reminds me of Evil Edna.

I was never really into the American imports like Sesame Street, or Different Strokes, but I do have a soft spot for the 'Red Hand Gang'. :)

---------- Post added 06-10-2015 at 20:35 ----------

And Bod by the looks of it!

I spent years trying to remember the theme tune for that, then along came youtube :D

Exactly- instead they are inundated with useless reality shows/celebrity crap and X Factor/Pop Idol etc.

So much crap on tv today.

My friend if you think that's all that's on telly you aren't using it correctly. We're living in TVs Golden Age!

Double Deckers - that gang of kids that had their "den" on a London bus. Also does anyone remember "The Singing Ringing Tree" - What was that all about???

Homeland - but starts again on Sunday can't wait!

The Water Margin.

Also those really epic, well made adventure series that used to be on for kids during the summer. Remember this,

?

Think of all the money they must have spent on just the titles.

My friend if you think that's all that's on telly you aren't using it correctly. We're living in TVs Golden Age!

Sorry mate- I cannot think of one program or show that stands out alone today.

I can definately think fondly back to some 80's shows that have been mentioned on this thread.

---------- Post added 07-10-2015 at 18:14 ----------

The Water Margin.

Also those really epic, well made adventure series that used to be on for kids during the summer. Remember this,

?

Think of all the money they must have spent on just the titles.

The Water Margin and Monkey had awesome start up themes- recall some of the shows that were shown.

Sorry mate- I cannot think of one program or show that stands out alone today.

I can definately think fondly back to some 80's shows that have been mentioned on this thread.

---------- Post added 07-10-2015 at 18:14 ----------

The Water Margin and Monkey had awesome start up themes- recall some of the shows that were shown.

Do you want a list? I can do you a list - and it won't include stuff like breaking bad that I didn't watch that was very well received.

Do you want a list? I can do you a list - and it won't include stuff like breaking bad that I didn't watch that was very well received.

Yes i would genuinely be keen to see a list of programs you feel are worth a watch.

The only series i watched recently was not on tv but exclusive to Netflix- which was Daredevil. I have to say it was thoroughly enjoyable.

Yes i would genuinely be keen to see a list of programs you feel are worth a watch.

The only series i watched recently was not on tv but exclusive to Netflix- which was Daredevil. I have to say it was thoroughly enjoyable.

Happy to help. I'll use X as a level of sauciness or violence (XXX be rather saucy and/or violent, X being not that saucy) and B where I'd recommend starting from scratch with a box set - it's pointless watching game of thrones from series 3, you won't have clue what's going on.

Haven X B

The walking dead xxx b

Arrow X b (haven't watched but have it on good authority similar to daredevil maybe?)

The flash X (as above)

Agent Carter X (more marvel stuff)

Banshee xxx b

Game of throne xxxx b

Forever X

Motive X

Orphan black xx b

Continuum X b

Blacklist X

Elementary X

Blue bloods X

Castle X

Misfits xxx b

Utopia xxx b

Broadchurch X b

Hannibal xx b

Unforgotten (just started on itv)

Defiance X b

Sleepy hollow X

American horror story xxx - each series is self contained and unrelated

True blood xxx b

Grimm X

To be honest I've barely scratched the surface. I haven't got Netflix and you have so I'd seriously consider giving breaking bad a go from the start. Arrested development would be worth a go too - didn't watch the last series but the first few were hilarious.

Oh, true detective, either series (again unrelated) I thought was brilliant.

I'm sure other people could add to that list.

Edited by tinfoilhat

top of the pops ....then I may stand a chance of keeping up with new music:hihi:

This is a good list. Most, if not all, of my favourites on there. My comments in purple.

Haven X B <- The final season (or, rather, the second half of the final season has just started. Shame it's ending, but I do think it's run its course. The Mara storyline is dragging a bit.

The walking dead xxx b

Arrow X b (haven't watched but have it on good authority similar to daredevil maybe?) <- Good for a while, but I can't take the characters seriously of late. Malcolm Merlyn looks like a tubby Pontins rep in an am dram costume. And (no spoilers) as for a certain character morphing into a lethal, kick-ass fighter after a few boxing lessons and a trip to the wig store - pah! The women's costumes are appalling too: "I know there's an emergency, but wait just a minute while I put on my wig, my make-up and my corset (in which, in the real world, I'd have a severe wardrobe malfunction if I tried to jump let alone leap and bound all over the place)".

The flash X (as above) <-- Excellent. Really interesting storyline and the characters are funny and likeable. It's essential to watch the episodes in order and to avoid spoilers at all costs!

Agent Carter X (more marvel stuff) <-- Excellent again. Hayley Atwell is magnificent.

Banshee xxx b

Game of throne xxxx b

Forever X <-- Damn shame this was cancelled after only one season.

Motive X

Orphan black xx b

Continuum X b

Blacklist X <-- Love it. Liz is a bit of a weak character, but let's face it, everyone is too busy watching James Spader's Reddington to notice. Season 2 isn't as good as the first one though. I hear season 3 is right back on form.

Elementary X <-- Jonny Lee Miller does Holmes better than Cumberbatch, and a female Watson is surprisingly easy to get used to. Must watch the episodes in order from the first season, or you'll get a huge spoiler!

Blue bloods X

Castle X <-- Tried to get into this and failed. A bit too comedy heavy. Also, watching the main bloke will remind you just how long it's been since Firefly.

Misfits xxx b

Utopia xxx b

Broadchurch X b

Hannibal xx b

Unforgotten (just started on itv)

Defiance X b

Sleepy hollow X <-- I like this very much, but I think it's lost its way. I reckon it will be cancelled after the current season as the viewing figures are dreadful.

American horror story xxx - each series is self contained and unrelated

True blood xxx b

Grimm X <-- Another good one that's floundering a little. The 'Royals' storyline is getting long in the tooth and they've lost track of a few plot strands (what happened to the keys?). A couple of huge events in the last season should hopefully see it back on track.

Scorpion is quite good, but very silly, and the main bloke is completely unlikeable (a bit of a problem in your leading man).

Of the new stuff, Blindspot looks interesting, as does Supergirl and Quantico. Haven't seen any of them yet.