Caravans on football field.

I suppose one good thing from this is the pitch will hopefully get re laid, its been a a death trap for years.

Wow? A death trap? Really? In all my years I've never heard of someone being killed by a PITCH! Although with the crap the gypsies usually leave behind I suppose it's entirely possible.

They haven't moved far they have vacated to a new location, Park Hill Flats near the nursery...

How can they all fit there there is very little land to camp on and besides which surely the business thats redeveloping the flats will have something to say about it.

How can they all fit there there is very little land to camp on and besides which surely the business thats redeveloping the flats will have something to say about it.

Wasn't much fitting this morning, I usually park on the rear car park near the nursery, plenty of room on most days. It was like Piccadilly Circus this morning, with a van full of 'work men' having a nosey at what was going on. Gone is my free parking I reckon :)

Wasn't much fitting this morning, I usually park on the rear car park near the nursery, plenty of room on most days. It was like Piccadilly Circus this morning, with a van full of 'work men' having a nosey at what was going on. Gone is my free parking I reckon :)

Is it an illegal site? or have the council given permission for them there?

Is it an illegal site? or have the council given permission for them there?

Doubtful, I think the entire site is owned Urban Splash who're doing the place up.

Doubtful, I think the entire site is owned Urban Splash who're doing the place up.

Nope I thought not better check before I report them to the council.

Far from it as they have a good deal of protection under the law specifically the Race Relations Act 1976.

Councils are also legally obliged to provide space for them to camp on permanent sites and in most cases obliged to provide clean water and sanitation.

I noticed that these travellers had big water containers so where does that water come from as I have to pay £10 per week for mine.

Yes councils are, as i already said in the bit you just quoted - i also said (in the same sentence) that the sites provided were not adequate. - If the sites are full how are they supposed to travel legally in the real world?

Went down today for a nosey, they was smashing a caravan up, right mess... Council already know they are there too as they have delivered black bags to them

Yes councils are, as i already said in the bit you just quoted - i also said (in the same sentence) that the sites provided were not adequate. - If the sites are full how are they supposed to travel legally in the real world?

There is a difference between inadequate and full so the question is, are the sites full?

Just seen some caravans and a big tent in Hillsborough park. Looks like teenagers, loud music and drugs to me!

There are 11 caravans parked on the field, there were around 8 last night so more caravans have arrived overnight! Does anyone who to call or how to report them? People take their dogs for walks there, children play football there and now we wouldnt dare going near them, its awful but its not fair they can just take want doesnt belong to them, anyways if anyobe know what to do then please share

You take your dog walking on a football pitch where children play, I hope you clean it's excrement up well