Caravans on football field.

Gypsy's and travellers have been around alot longer than these rules and laws. Saying they should all just settle and be like the rest of us is just akin to cultural genoside, so yes your view point is distriminating against there culture.

Good post mate.

---------- Post added 04-09-2015 at 21:35 ----------

I reserve my right to discriminate against a culture that wants all the benefits of a society to which it contributes nothing .

You spoke to them all then? You ask the Gypsies and Travellers what they want or is it just some weird twisted thing youve got against them?

Good post mate.

---------- Post added 04-09-2015 at 21:35 ----------

You spoke to them all then? You ask the Gypsies and Travellers what they want or is it just some weird twisted thing youve got against them?

No but if I did I would tell how much I love the sight of the rubbish they leave behind and how we love the human excrement they leave up the lane. Plus how I,m sure that the lads from the street cleaning dept of Barnsley council look forward to their visits. And ....as you may gather I have had frequent experience of their visits and can,t wait for the next.I can only hope that you can some time in the near future you can experience these pleasures near your home.

Edited by Odd-jobs

I suppose one good thing from this is the pitch will hopefully get re laid, its been a a death trap for years.

I suppose one good thing from this is the pitch will hopefully get re laid, its been a a death trap for years.

Thankfully they have now moved on.

I agree with almost all of that. But really, if a parent doesn't want to send their child to school, then what moral right do the authorities have to force them into state education? If a parent is happy for their child not to receive an education then that's their choice really, as sad as it seems to the rest of us.

Yes I agree I think the law should change. But thats the thing the law states they should so everyone should abide by that law. So till the law alters the travelling community should abide by the same rules as the rest of us. It should be equality for all.

---------- Post added 05-09-2015 at 14:53 ----------

Gypsy's and travellers have been around alot longer than these rules and laws. Saying they should all just settle and be like the rest of us is just akin to cultural genoside, so yes your view point is distriminating against there culture.

No one is saying their culture is an issue. Its the disregard for rule of law that is. I dont have a problem with the travelling community providing they obey the laws of the land ie planning laws etc.

So if we adopted the same culture as them and disregarded rules it would be anarchy and it wouldnt work. Thats what the laws are there for.

Hypothetical one here, what if someone genuinely doesn't want to take a part in our society at all. They don't use the roads or doctors, never call the police for anything, educate kids at home so don't use schools. But equally they pay no tax and are totally off grid. Would this be ok? I'm not trying to equate 'travellers' with this type of exist because clearly they do use up societies resources even if it's just a council having to issue eviction papers, but what if they didn't?

I don't think it is entirely feasible to live off the grid. There will always be some interaction with society.

To maintain and repair property and goods they would need to travel to obtain the goods hence road usage.

What about medical assistance if injured or Ill.

That's just a couple of thoughts.

I believe that unless you are taking yourself to some far flung outpost it is not possible to be totally off the grid.

Good. Im glad something positive could possibly come out of it

They've gone! But to be honest I don't see why they should have to leave I thought the field was safer with them on. :-)

Also take the rules about forcing parents to take kids to school. I personally think its a silly law. If someone chose to take their kids out of school and not cost us money teaching that child then why not. But the law unfortunatly says its legally required and they could face prison if they don't. So in my view it should appy to all residents of these islands.

School isn't legally required, education is.

You do not have to send them to school for them to receive an education, I de-registered my kids and now they are home educated, which is completely legal.

Yes I agree I think the law should change. But thats the thing the law states they should so everyone should abide by that law. So till the law alters the travelling community should abide by the same rules as the rest of us. It should be equality for all.

---------- Post added 05-09-2015 at 14:53 ----------

No one is saying their culture is an issue. Its the disregard for rule of law that is. I dont have a problem with the travelling community providing they obey the laws of the land ie planning laws etc.

So if we adopted the same culture as them and disregarded rules it would be anarchy and it wouldnt work. Thats what the laws are there for.

You have already said in your previous posts that they should just settle like everyone else...that shows you do have a problem with their culture.:loopy:

They have basically made travelling and been a gypsy illegal, where are they supposed to go when the sites that legally have to be set a side for them areinadequate.

They have basically made travelling and been a gypsy illegal, where are they supposed to go when the sites that legally have to be set a side for them areinadequate.

Far from it as they have a good deal of protection under the law specifically the Race Relations Act 1976.

Councils are also legally obliged to provide space for them to camp on permanent sites and in most cases obliged to provide clean water and sanitation.

I noticed that these travellers had big water containers so where does that water come from as I have to pay £10 per week for mine.

They haven't moved far they have vacated to a new location, Park Hill Flats near the nursery...