The Bible is a awesome Book even if you dont believe its Gods word

A few honest thoughtful posts, but the majority have gone the original proposition and done the atheist copy and paste stuff which when I say we have answers to people's 0.001% of difficulty passages. Don't you think we know them

The Bible is a eye opener, most people have no idea just how much truth and fact is in there 99.999% you chose to forget.

Maybe they were left for some reason maybe for atheists

As usual reason and debate turn into hate and ridicule, every post on this subject go's this way.

The Bible is like no other book as just one reasonable atheist has attested

The second point is that Christianity is Bible light today, any comments from Christians?

Would you mind answering the question I've asked you a couple of times now? Please?

---------- Post added 31-08-2015 at 23:41 ----------

I think there are a lot of people think the way you do and with very understandable reasons. This is why we take the time to run informed factual seminars (see the link below ) we don't ask anybody to believe that's a personal response, there are solid answers to your bible objections.. Engage and if something is worthwhile it will probably take a little effort.

...where do your information & facts come from?

Yes they would, and quite rightly so. The CPS doesn't use the third element - eternal damnation in the 'afterlife', as a crowbar though, quite the contrary. I don't have to commit any crime in order to burn in hell eternally other than be a heathen.

I think you misunderstood the post, the third element as I understand it ( highlighted) referred to your original post

(

In fact..you can rape, butcher and hump your best friends spouse till you're exhausted as long as you eventually 'believe' at the time of judgement. Our present laws are less dogmatic as those that are laid down by the church...or the 'book').........

probably fall under the remit of adultery not what you seem to be considering, which if I'm right is either agnosticism or atheism! I think eternal damnation might be a bit extreme for that though! How about eternity in purgatory instead! That way everybody's a winner, pragmatism should be my middle name:):hihi:

Edited by bulldog D

Would you mind answering the question I've asked you a couple of times now? Please?

---------- Post added 31-08-2015 at 23:41 ----------

...where do your information & facts come from?

Sorry I missed your question , there are good reasons we can trust the text we have, we would not use any translation be all, being aware who funded it and why some words get translated badly, and historical facts from many of the world's experts who have no agenda museums too

A few honest thoughtful posts, but the majority have gone the original proposition and done the atheist copy and paste stuff which when I say we have answers to people's 0.001% of difficulty passages. Don't you think we know them

Of course we don't think you have good answers to the questions we raise.

Why don't you give us a quick sample, and actually answer one of the questions posed to you by those meddling atheists, instead of just repeating 'we have the answers, come to my thing that I'm advertising'?

If you didn't want an open debate and want all the atheists to just shut up and let you proselytise you came to the wrong place.

The Bible is a eye opener, most people have no idea just how much truth and fact is in there 99.999% you chose to forget.

As usual reason and debate turn into hate and ridicule, every post on this subject go's this way.

The second point is that Christianity is Bible light today, any comments from Christians?

Well that's a pretty damning endictment, 99.999% chose to forget! Seems a bit harsh on non christians in general. There's also plenty of Christians out there that forget what the Bible includes! In truth most of us occasionally!

However please don't think I'm directing this down the hate and ridicule path because I'm certainly not.

As a Christian / Catholic I value the importance of the Bible but I believe it's just as important to lead through a life of good work and example. It doesn't matter how much time you spend pouring over words, if your not translating them into deeds you might as well reside in a closed monastery!

Furthermore don't get hung up on Atheists, they've been around since Noah was a lad and in reality most of them have never clearly defined there status between agnostic and atheist.

Sorry I missed your question , there are good reasons we can trust the text we have, we would not use any translation be all, being aware who funded it and why some words get translated badly, and historical facts from many of the world's experts who have no agenda museums too

That doesn't really answer the question

......at all, it actually kinda side-steps it :suspect:

The bibles a load of rubbish and god doesnt exist. Sorry to break it you, but youre wasting your time and life worshiping a god who isnt real.

Also other religions, dont you know they all worship different gods and have completely conflicting stories?

Have you never felt thats odd somehow?

But do Christians read it enough? And

Should non believers investigate it anyway?

I've read it and there are some interesting stories to read. Problem I have with it is that God is so evil in the first half of the set of books (wiping out the planet on at least one occasion). He seems to mellow later on though but no explanation why.

The bibles a load of rubbish and god doesnt exist. Sorry to break it you, but youre wasting your time and life worshiping a god who isnt real.

Also other religions, dont you know they all worship different gods and have completely conflicting stories?

Have you never felt thats odd somehow?

People are entitled to their own beliefs and faith ! Faith based on the bible is a good grounding for us and the bible does teach morals , its gives us truths to live by and truth for us to set our faith by. and as for feeling odd no I have never felt odd because I know that I have peace through my faith

Of course we don't think you have good answers to the questions we raise.

Why don't you give us a quick sample, and actually answer one of the questions posed to you by those meddling atheists, instead of just repeating 'we have the answers, come to my thing that I'm advertising'?

If you didn't want an open debate and want all the atheists to just shut up and let you proselytise you came to the wrong place.

I am called to preach jimmy even if it's in a dark place. The lady who gave the long list of questions changed 100per cent when I said I would what answers to all her questions , she stuck her head in the sand not only that she advised others to do the same and not attend a bible based seminar, Click the link and then look at what's covered and you can see her questions were there.

The fool has said in his heart there is no God.... That is fool not in the way most people think , I think even you are not daft enough to say you can prove God dose not exist . I have 900 listened to hours of atheists and christian debate on my ipod some better than others. I know Dawkins is weak and like yourself and others wants to be angry at a God they don't believe in. Because they look at the copy and pasted 0.001 content and miss the point, miss the love, miss the purpose, miss God plan

To answer yours and others objections is something we have obviously set out to do See the Link and look at what's covered, however that's the start of

So when you understand how.reliable the text is the good stuff starts and it is awesome and it builds day by day week by week year by year. I don't do this for any other reason than I want to share. Nobody is paid nobody is above anyone in rank we do good works here and around the world., we have failing just like anyone else secular or religious . One question ill try to give you a brief answer

There are many different bibles , but the text is unchanged from early to late fragments more detail will be given, the story of the early translation to English is probably best script never told in film ( read The Protesters ) William

Tyndale did wonderful work, people organisations have agendas kings and Queens. There has only one thing been added that was not in any original text and this only in a few bibles king James is one. The translator did not want it in but a organisation!! It's in John's letters

Anway you can use many tools to find the root words Hebrew or Greek which is very rewarding

You get to see why a particular team of translators did what they did

I'll give you one example.. You are my Satan

You are against me on sheffield forum

The word Satan is more often translated adversary or to oppose

The dead sea scrolls are a fine example of bible reliability

This is just a fragment of what you can learn, the lady who asked all that list of questions did not want them answering, she has said in her heart there is no God . I really thought the questions were brilliant

We all need faith, we do not abandon reason faith comes by looking and testing the word

I hope she reconsiders her post? Did she really want answers or did she copy paste her list or take time to thoughtful ask them., if she was thoughtful you would think she would look deeper

Again I have adversary

I am called to preach jimmy even if it's in a dark place. The lady who gave the long list of questions changed 100per cent when I said I would what answers to all her questions , she stuck her head in the sand not only that she advised others to do the same and not attend a bible based seminar, Click the link and then look at what's covered and you can see her questions were there.

The fool has said in his heart there is no God.... That is fool not in the way most people think , I think even you are not daft enough to say you can prove God dose not exist . I have 900 listened to hours of atheists and christian debate on my ipod some better than others. I know Dawkins is weak and like yourself and others wants to be angry at a God they don't believe in. Because they look at the copy and pasted 0.001 content and miss the point, miss the love, miss the purpose, miss God plan

To answer yours and others objections is something we have obviously set out to do See the Link and look at what's covered, however that's the start of

So when you understand how.reliable the text is the good stuff starts and it is awesome and it builds day by day week by week year by year. I don't do this for any other reason than I want to share. Nobody is paid nobody is above anyone in rank we do good works here and around the world., we have failing just like anyone else secular or religious . One question ill try to give you a brief answer

There are many different bibles , but the text is unchanged from early to late fragments more detail will be given, the story of the early translation to English is probably best script never told in film ( read The Protesters ) William

Tyndale did wonderful work, people organisations have agendas kings and Queens. There has only one thing been added that was not in any original text and this only in a few bibles king James is one. The translator did not want it in but a organisation!! It's in John's letters

Anway you can use many tools to find the root words Hebrew or Greek which is very rewarding

You get to see why a particular team of translators did what they did

I'll give you one example.. You are my Satan

You are against me on sheffield forum

The word Satan is more often translated adversary or to oppose

The dead sea scrolls are a fine example of bible reliability

This is just a fragment of what you can learn, the lady who asked all that list of questions did not want them answering, she has said in her heart there is no God . I really thought the questions were brilliant

We all need faith, we do not abandon reason faith comes by looking and testing the word

I hope she reconsiders her post? Did she really want answers or did she copy paste her list or take time to thoughtful ask them., if she was thoughtful you would think she would look deeper

Again I have adversary

If people ask questions they should expect answers sadly some on here don't like the answers given because they are challenged by the truth

If people ask questions they should expect answers sadly some on here don't like the answers given because they are challenged by the truth

So it goes on, and on.

What advice did your god give you to convince the unbelievers?