The Bible is a awesome Book even if you dont believe its Gods word

In fact..you can rape, butcher and hump your best friends spouse till you're exhausted as long as you eventually 'believe' at the time of judgement. Our present laws are less dogmatic as those that are laid down by the church...or the 'book'.

Err ............how's this a fact?

I would argue that the CPS would dogmatically pursue anybody who availed themselves of the first two activities!

Yes, good, but is it the full answer?

Can you think of something it couldn't cover?

The source of our modern moral code is ourselves.

Yes but maybe we all need a little help to discover that code and be reminded of it.

Or have you never contemplated killing your neighbour over his inconsiderate parking? (There's history). Do you meditate perhaps? Or are you a saint in denial? :)

---------- Post added 31-08-2015 at 21:09 ----------

If more logic and reason was taught in schools along with basic human rights and humanitarianism, we would develop greater morals, in my opinion.

Yes, good, but is it the full answer?

Can you think of something it couldn't cover?

Logic, reason, humanitarianism aren't a school lesson, a course, a qualification that you tick off and think "done that". It's a way of life.

You can summarise all of science in a half hour documentary if you chose. (It's just clever nerds discovering stuff, right?) but you won't begin to do the subject justice.

I think you have more faith in schools than I do. Maybe you don't have the police helicopter hovering over your neighbourhood as much as I do.

In fact..you can rape, butcher and hump your best friends spouse till you're exhausted as long as you eventually 'believe' at the time of judgement. Our present laws are less dogmatic as those that are laid down by the church...or the 'book'.

Err ............how's this a fact?

I would argue that the CPS would dogmatically pursue anybody who availed themselves of the first two activities!

Yes they would, and quite rightly so. The CPS doesn't use the third element - eternal damnation in the 'afterlife', as a crowbar though, quite the contrary. I don't have to commit any crime in order to burn in hell eternally other than be a heathen.

Edited by cassity

Maybe God was an alien of some kind. It sounds more plausible than some kind of superhuman don't you think.

Angel1.

Maybe God was an alien of some kind. It sounds more plausible than some kind of superhuman don't you think.

Angel1.

I think it's plausible that other life forms exist on other planets..we are proof of that. As for being 'Gods'.......

building aren't actually church ! its the People of faith who make a church , my church has no building , we give gifts to God which are invested in compassion for the needy

building aren't actually church ! its the People of faith who make a church , my church has no building , we give gifts to God which are invested in compassion for the needy

How does that work?

How does that work?

She's sort of right - there's a church building near me that's now a tyre fitters.

Praise be!

How does that work?

She's sort of right - there's a church building near me that's now a tyre fitters.

Praise be!

I understand that it was the gifts for the god, which are invested. That's what I don't get.

Logic, reason, humanitarianism aren't a school lesson, a course, a qualification that you tick off and think "done that".

Of course they're not, that's why I suggested that they should be. If they were already taught, there would have been no point in what I've said.

It's a way of life.
It can be, once you've learnt about it

You can summarise all of science in a half hour documentary if you chose. (It's just clever nerds discovering stuff, right?) but you won't begin to do the subject justice.

If the school science curriculum consisted of a single half hour video, I'd be more than a little disappointed. Is that what you thought I meant to happen, just a single half hour lesson to develop morality? :suspect:

I think you have more faith in schools than I do. Maybe you don't have the police helicopter hovering over your neighbourhood as much as I do.
What is the link you make between your lack of faith in schools and the police helicopter's presence?

It's almost like you're saying schools should be helping kids to develop morals (which might reduce the helicopter's presence) but they don't (so you have little faith in them).

A few honest thoughtful posts, but the majority have gone the original proposition and done the atheist copy and paste stuff which when I say we have answers to people's 0.001% of difficulty passages. Don't you think we know them

The Bible is a eye opener, most people have no idea just how much truth and fact is in there 99.999% you chose to forget.

Maybe they were left for some reason maybe for atheists

As usual reason and debate turn into hate and ridicule, every post on this subject go's this way.

The Bible is like no other book as just one reasonable atheist has attested

The second point is that Christianity is Bible light today, any comments from Christians?