Laptop problem task bar at bottom.

spider1

Hi a message appears on screen. Format disc in drive E. Whats this all about there is no disc in machine and it only comes up ocacionaly. . The task bar fills up with about 6 of these messages . If i click on it says cant format and cant get them of screen,./ Thanks to any one who can help. :loopy:

Your computer may be set to see your Hard Drive as two separate drives (or Partitions)

One of these will be your Windows / C drive, and the other may just be empty space that needs formatting before it can be used...

Other than that, do you have a re-writeable CD or DVD in the drive? - it could be that..

Your computer may be set to see your Hard Drive as two separate drives (or Partitions)

One of these will be your Windows / C drive, and the other may just be empty space that needs formatting before it can be used...

Other than that, do you have a re-writeable CD or DVD in the drive? - it could be that..

Hi Ghozer no disc in it at all never put discs in it for 6 months :loopy: i dont put anything in it but message comes up on its own

Edited by spider1

Hi Ghozer no disc in it at all never put discs in it for 6 months :loopy: i dont put anything in it but message comes up on its own

Does the laptop have a Card reader?

it could be that... it could be faulty (thinking there's a memory card in there, when there isn't)

Does the laptop have a Card reader?

it could be that... it could be faulty (thinking there's a memory card in there, when there isn't)

Hi laptop is a toshiba satellite. I dont know what a card reader is so dont know if its got one. Cheers Spider. :loopy: