United Win and the Owls errrrrrrm

You've lost me mate. However I'll keep it simple. How many points did you pick up against the same teams you played last season, compared to this seasons.

We'll go on 4 games as Bristol City you didn't play last season.

Last season: 8 points from 4 teams you've already played this season.Ipswich, Reading, Leeds, Middlesbrough

This season: 2 points from same teams.

A very good observation, they have yet to beat a team who were in their league last season.

HULK SMAAAASH....(See what i did there.....:hihi::hihi:)

Guest sibon

Good win for the Blades today. They look on course for automatic promotion. It is still August though?

Wednesday are in a right mess. Mid table, signing quality players hand over fist and losing. It is only August though.

Good win for the Blades today. They look on course for automatic promotion. It is still August though?

Wednesday are in a right mess. Mid table, signing quality players hand over fist and losing. It is only August though.

Maybe they'll sign some players who can win another game.

Hi Sibs - think I caught sight of you at half time and was going to come back and have a word but was dragged into lounge - Hi Pal. :)

Not overly concerned - as yet - we are in a transitional period and I can not see our new owner investing his money (and it is a fair lump so far) and letting things slide - give it time lads and lasses - it will be fine.

On another note:-

My big lad who is much better at math/maths or even sums than me, pointed out something to me today. I was saying how our gates looked to be around (at least) 3,000 down on expected attendances. He said something along the lines of "so we have had a 30% hike in seat prices. and a - he named a % of gate lost here ( but I have been out again and this involved alcohol :hihi: ) this equated to an increase in revenue....... all good business - according to him.

I bemoaned the loss of fans though - am I alone in this?

EDIT - If anyone is following my thought process' here you must be as drunk as me! :hihi:

Hi Sibs - think I caught sight of you at half time and was going to come back and have a word but was dragged into lounge - Hi Pal. :)

Not overly concerned - as yet - we are in a transitional period and I can not see our new owner investing his money (and it is a fair lump so far) and letting things slide - give it time lads and lasses - it will be fine.

On another note:-

My big lad who is much better at math/maths or even sums than me, pointed out something to me today. I was saying how our gates looked to be around (at least) 3,000 down on expected attendances. He said something along the lines of "so we have had a 30% hike in seat prices. and a - he named a % of gate lost here ( but I have been out again and this involved alcohol :hihi: ) this equated to an increase in revenue....... all good business - according to him.

I bemoaned the loss of fans though - am I alone in this?

EDIT - If anyone is following my thought process' here you must be as drunk as me! :hihi:

lol brilliant :hihi: I did... and I've only had one glass of wine!

Oooh - I best not say what I have had footie - but it is a tad more than one glass :blush: well done you!! :hihi:

Pot legs,

Revenue for the season will have increased but it's a dangerous tactic with probably disastrous consequences.

What would you prefer at Hillsboro.

40,000 paying £15 = £600K

20,000 paying £30 = £600K or

10,000 paying £60 = £600K

Some might say it doesn't matter as each scenario provides the same income.

However once fans are priced out and stop going then it's takes incredible effort to make them return.

Also congratulation to the Blades.

Adkins knows the formula for promotion. We haven't hit top gear yet but look very effective every game and we could possibly do a Bristol City and have a big lead by Xmas.

Pot legs,

Revenue for the season will have increased but it's a dangerous tactic with probably disastrous consequences.

However once fans are priced out and stop going then it's takes incredible effort to make them return.

and obviously you are losing the atmosphere as you lose fans too?

but what the hell do i know, i dont go :P

and obviously you are losing the atmosphere as you lose fans too?

but what the hell do i know, i dont go :P

Yea button it Mel:P:hihi:

Pot legs,

Also congratulation to the Blades.

Adkins knows the formula for promotion. We haven't hit top gear yet but look very effective every game and we could possibly do a Bristol City and have a big lead by Xmas.

Errrr... That is what I was saying sheffsteel ....Maybe not in such simple terms.

My answer was also in there - personally I prefer having more fans and the same revenue - actually, I don't think the revenue will be the same. With less fans there will be less retail sales at the food concessions and the bars - surely? That will not make the catering contract such a good one to get when it next comes up for tender.

Another point is that the SWFC shop does a lot of business on match days - there will be less footfall there too.

You obviously didn't have as much to drink last night as footietalk and I had! :hihi:

And a great three points for the Spireites at Millwall too :)

S x