Interested to join a new Social and Cultural Club?

First I like to thank Sheffield Forum :) for the help in making an idea into a reality.

Towards the creation and setting up of The Arabic Social and Cultural Club, I am pleased to say we had our first meeting three weeks ago, and our second which was 2 days ago proved to be effective, productive and useful.

The Goal of the club is to promote awareness and understanding of everything Arabic.

The club is neither political nor religious. It is strictly social and civil.

Whatever the politics, or the religion, or indeed the country of origin, the Arabic Social and Cultural Club welcomes every one!

Members may be from Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Sunni and Shia, Arab and non-Arab.

The Arabic Social and Cultural Club covers various interests, activities and subjects such as

- customs and traditions

- social issues

- language

- history

- food

- picnics, travel, etc

- issues related to employment

- music & dancing

- architecture

- costumes and fashion

- social concerns, beliefs and values, attitudes and motives

- hobbies and sport

- ideas and suggestions will be encouraged and warmly received

Please feel free if you have any questions,

if you like to join the fun you will be more than welcome. :thumbsup:

Thanks again to SF! :thumbsup:

You've not stated which area of Sheffield this being held, also if the club is mixed gender or if this is men or women only and is the LGBT community included, I ask this because of my own knowledge and experiences in London.

As there isn't a location or venue listed and you're trying to encourage the idea, would it not be better placed in the Sheffield discussion section, rather than other events section as it has less exposure than the main Sheffield section.