URGENTLY need a whelping box - can anyone help??

Urgently need a whelping box for a cocker spaniel. She was taken in to rescue 2 days ago, not knowing she was pregnant until she arrived. She went into labor this evening so has been rushed home to me. And has so far given birth to 2 puppies.So I urgently need a whelping box if anyone has one for sale or knows of anywhere I can but one locally?

Oh poor baby! Hope all goes well for her and her babies. I keep mithering other half for a buddy for our rescue doberbeast, lol and she can be a funny dog with some breeds but appears to be comfortBle around field spaniels, cockers and similar, especially if they are black or brown and more submissive. Maybe one day. Good luck with the puppies

Hi Berkana. Did you get one? We adopted a dog 5 weeks ago and discovered today that she is 7 weeks pregnant so we are also in need. So if you've finished with yours we would be happy to have it from you then pay it forward once we have finished

Thanks

Hi Sara, we ended up making one, but it wasn't the best so has since been dismantled and thrown away. Good luck with yours though! What kind of dog is she? If she's from a rescue they should be able to help :-)

Theres a guy on Facebook that makes ones that slot together for about £35 if thats any use?

Sara use some cardboard boxes from new appliances etc if you can get your hands on some. You can throw them away so you're not harbouring.bacteria.

Thanks everyone, we have managed to locate a very large dog crate, so we are hoping to be able to adapt that...

We adopted her 5 weeks ago from the RSPCA, she a little terrier cross (patterdale- ish) we asked, but they don't really have this sort of thing because they have purpose build puppy houses.

Thanks again for the replies

I was under the impression they neuter/spay everything that comes through their place?

That really is disgraceful from such a high profile charity. Have they offered you any help or help to re-home the pup's.

I was under the impression they neuter/spay everything that comes through their place?

They do, but they knew she had just been in season when she came in and you generally wait three months after season for spaying as the increased blood flow can lead to a greater risk of haemorrhage.

They did issue us with a spaying voucher

---------- Post added 11-03-2016 at 20:44 ----------

That really is disgraceful from such a high profile charity. Have they offered you any help or help to re-home the pup's.

They couldn't have known, she was there for such a short time. Their pregnancy is so short and even the vet can't tell for the first 4 weeks.

They have offered help with re-homing the pups