Ten Sheffield beautiful buildings

Sheffield City Hall and the St Nicholas Church in Bradfield

The old courts is a nice building but is rapidly falling that far into disrepair noone is ever going to want to invest in doing it up

City Hall has to be one of the most beautiful, and historic... pleanty of not so wonderful structures though.

The Weston Park Museum building is stunning when viewed from the park rather than the road. In my view it would grace any city anywhere in the world.

The River Don building on brightside lane, such an imposing structure. would have loved to have been around to see it in its heyday. anyone know if its still in use?

The cooling towers, unlike any other example they were aesthetically considered, much more elegant than the usual cooling tower offering and they were around 70 years old when demolished.

Really, I thought they were horrific, I hated how people would come out with that tiresome old line of "When I was driving down the motorway and saw them I knew I was back at home", Booorrrrrriiinnnng.

The cooling towers, unlike any other example they were aesthetically considered, much more elegant than the usual cooling tower offering and they were around 70 years old when demolished.

You're joking, right?

You can find examples of them next to any crappy power station around the country, not special at all and not even in use for anything either. Typical Sheffield: we should leave them like that cus they've always been there!

No wonder all the investments in the region are going to Leeds and Manchester. This place gets more backwards by the day.

You're joking, right?

You can find examples of them next to any crappy power station around the country, not special at all and not even in use for anything either. Typical Sheffield: we should leave them like that cus they've always been there!

No wonder all the investments in the region are going to Leeds and Manchester. This place gets more backwards by the day.

You might find them made from concrete, but they wont have the same architectural treatment round the top, -the pattern of piercings and projecting bands, they won't have quite the same proportions.

You should take more time to look at the world around you instead of just dismissing things in your ignorance.

Another ten, if I may ( see post #10 for my previous thoughts):-

By the way, OP, are you still deciding which ten you would choose?

Cutlers' Hall (internally)

Cathedral (internally)

Hyde Park Flats (now gone), as opposed to Park Hill (still here)

Shepherd's Wheel

Rye Croft Glen Cottage, Ecclesall Woods

"T'Manpower" Building aka "Moorfoot"

Crucible Theatre (internally)

Hallamshire Hospital Main Block

King Edward VII school

The Diamond (U of S) New Engineering Dept?

I strongly suspect this post is a wind-up.

Either that or you've not taken your medication today.

The most beautiful for me is, without a doubt, the mosque at Heeley Bottom. And before anyone asks or comments, no I don't worship at that or any other mosque as I'm Catholic.

The inside of the Upper Chapel in town is pretty amazing. Open to all every Wednesday lunch time!