Looking for a Private CAD teacher

Hi

Im looking for a CAD teacher in Sheffield to help me with learn CAD I am so used to tech drawing by hand and love it but I now need to learn CAD or something similar. I learned a little in Uni 10 years ago but now need to start again. Any help appreciated. Best Wishes

Carl

Hi

Im looking for a CAD teacher in Sheffield to help me with learn CAD I am so used to tech drawing by hand and love it but I now need to learn CAD or something similar. I learned a little in Uni 10 years ago but now need to start again. Any help appreciated. Best Wishes

Carl

Is there a particular CAD suite you had in mind? There can be a lot of difference between the various brands.

Hi

Carl

If you want to learn CAD you need to learn AutoCAD as its pretty much the industry standard. What kind of CAD drawing are you looking for as everyone from engineers to architects use CAD these days.

Autodesks AutoCad is pretty much the industry standard and leader. Buy one of their products and the video tutorials are pretty good. Not to mention that you can google quite a lot of the stuff you need to know. I would have thought Sheffield College run courses at various levels if you want to learn.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm a Structural Draughtsman of 15 years. Cad is nearering the end of its life in the construction industry. The trend is moving towards 3D models. A software package called Revit is the preferred software these days. I can help with lessons for both Cad and Revit if required. PM me Lee

Hi,

I'm a Structural Draughtsman of 15 years. Cad is nearering the end of its life in the construction industry. The trend is moving towards 3D models. A software package called Revit is the preferred software these days. I can help with lessons for both Cad and Revit if required. PM me Lee

Sketch Up 3D is a good one to know. Its widely used but only for presentation images really http://www.sketchup.com/

Hi,

You know, for a moment there, it sounded like you were suggesting that 3D models aren't produced with Computer Aided Design :suspect:

Carl said he only needs it for simple stuff, he can probably manage fine with 2D geometry. Surfaces and solids aren't necessary for simple ground plans.

Carl, I work with solids, surfaces and 2D geom (each is suited to different jobs) but for starting ideas while out and about (or sometimes just for fun) I have InardCad on my Android. It's basic but free.

Edited by RootsBooster