Jeremy Corbyn coming to Sheffield

His ideas may be great if you are at the bottom with no money to lose but if you have his ideas are terrible.I would like to see all his valuations and schematics about how he would pay for everything without lumbering tax payers with massive increases before I would be able to welcome him with open arms.I have not voted Labour for years but I think the person who would most likely persuade me to vote for them again would be Liz Kendall but I suspect she will probably come last because of her business background.Either way I still think they will never win if Corbyn gets the job because everybody south of south Yorkshire will never vote for him and neither will the scots I suspect.I have already lost too much money in the last eight years without losing some more.

His ideas may be great if you are at the bottom with no money to lose but if you have his ideas are terrible.I would like to see all his valuations and schematics about how he would pay for everything without lumbering tax payers with massive increases before I would be able to welcome him with open arms.I have not voted Labour for years but I think the person who would most likely persuade me to vote for them again would be Liz Kendall but I suspect she will probably come last because of her business background.Either way I still think they will never win if Corbyn gets the job because everybody south of south Yorkshire will never vote for him and neither will the scots I suspect.I have already lost too much money in the last eight years without losing some more.

Could not agree more.

I agree with this.

If Labour are to win again, they need a leader that can attract the support of people that live in the south of England. Scotland is gone for decades now so the south of England is the future for Labour. Sad but true.

They weren't sold, you just had to RSVP them, no one is forced to go, how bizarre.

http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/update/2015-08-28/jeremy-corbyn-arrives-in-plymouth/

well over a 1000 in Plymouth tonight, usually Lib Dem Country.

ah a bit like paying your 3 quid to vote. someone gets to decide for you.

---------- Post added 28-08-2015 at 21:23 ----------

it would however be hilarious to arrive at 2020 with corbyn in charge of labour when these questions get asked on the eve of the next election. remember red ed in leeds.

will there be a ladies only section in the crowd?

Like that one, topical ;)

Will Julie Dore be in attendance in her tracksuit and trainers?

Will Julie Dore be in attendance in her tracksuit and trainers?

Angela Merkel is not known for dress sense but you have to admit it does not stop her running Europe.

will there be a ladies only section in the crowd?

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Angela Merkel is not known for dress sense but you have to admit it does not stop her running Europe.

I think she runs most of the rest of the world as well

Nimbyism I believe they call this thinking.

---------- Post added 29-08-2015 at 08:43 ----------

His ideas are great and will do a lot of good.

But really I have too much to lose...NIMBY (not in my bacl yard).

Looking forward to it. According to Radio Sheff. this morning he's on 50 % of the projected vote. I suspect ,unfortunately, that he'll lose out on the second round of voting to either Andy B or Yvette. It would be interesting if Labour went into the next election With Corbyn as leader. It's by no means certain that the Scots would stick with the SNP as the Scots effectively voted against the Westminster establishment. The Greens would enter coalition with Labour, which wouldn't be so great as they are only likely to win one seat but if Caroline Lucas and Natalie "whatshername" encourage a Labour vote it could be interesting. The LD's lost 1/3rd of their vote to Labour at the election and hopefully will stick with Labour.

Would be more interesting at PMQ's as Call me Dave wouldn't know how to cope with Corbyn, he's too used to and comfortable with a narrow narrative that Milliband and Blair provided him with.

The Corbynator arrives in Sheffield, Sat 2pm

ah yes corbynator. a take on terminator. a relic from a bygone age time travelling in order to destroy the labour party. :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 29-08-2015 at 09:55 ----------

The LD's lost 1/3rd of their vote to Labour at the election and hopefully will stick with Labour.

and still labour struggled to get 30% of the vote.

by the way. i don't want to thow cold water on your idea but... you do know that the tories took 27 seats off the lib dems don't you? labour only managed 9. that's less than the snp took from them.

the fact is that labour spent 5 years attacking the lib dems and all it achieved was taking seats from them to hand to the tories. good plan.

Edited by drummonds