Jeremy Corbyn coming to Sheffield

No, I know what other people think, but if you look at the facts, the Blair government was a million miles away from being a Tory government. Just off the top of my head here are three examples:

They pushed for closer ties with Europe

They increased spending on the public services

They increased benefits across the board

Could you see a tory government doing any of these things?

My Bold

That was in my mind when posting, It had to be, didn't you realise?

Before T.B was in power Labour was to the left of centre unelectable, but not as much to the left as Corbyn would take us.

No, I know what other people think, but if you look at the facts, the Blair government was a million miles away from being a Tory government. Just off the top of my head here are three examples:

They pushed for closer ties with Europe

They increased spending on the public services

They increased benefits across the board

Could you see a tory government doing any of these things?

According to this web page public spending 2010 was 673 billion and 734 billion in 2014..

http://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/year_spending_2014UKbt_15bc1n#ukgs302

Looks like an increase to me..

I give up/ how old are you?

The labour party under Mr Blair was, labeled by him as the NEW LABOUR which people are saying was no different to the tory party.

Ted heath was the same, but the other way round, he was so much like Labour he was pelted with eggs which had red dye in them

What's what my age is got to do with anything?

I knew about when he did that whole NU-LABOUR thing and got that theme song written about things only getting better, they only get better now I've found you (basically this band did a song saying things were getting better now Labour had found Tony Blair). My brother agreed because he worked in a shop on like almost nothing but Blair made sure he got minimum wage. I suppose if the tory conservatives had done that too then it doesn't really matter but really you can't call someone something but then not saying good reasons. Its like me saying summat to someone with no backing up!!

According to this web page public spending 2010 was 673 billion and 734 billion in 2014..

http://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/year_spending_2014UKbt_15bc1n#ukgs302

Looks like an increase to me..

Do I really need to explain inflation to you, also the spending is being slowed down with another raft of cuts due soon.

Also can I just let people know now that I saw that CORBYN guy shouting and ranting at poor Krishna Guru Murphy and he is so horrible. CORBYN is horrible. I don't like him at all. Wouldn't see Cameron do that.

Also can I just let people know now that I saw that CORBYN guy shouting and ranting at poor Krishna Guru Murphy and he is so horrible. CORBYN is horrible. I don't like him at all. Wouldn't see Cameron do that.

I've never seen JC shout at anybody. Where did you see this?

---------- Post added 03-09-2015 at 19:39 ----------

I ended up watching the one outside. I could easily do the same, say lots of things that sound good, but with no answers on how to do them.

It wasn't much different to all the threads in here. Complaining about banker's bonuses and this and that and the only solution was stopping tax avoidance.

Why don't they do it then? An awful lot of people are still hopping mad about banker's bonuses and tax avoidance. It's good to hear a politician at least acknowledge it. It isn't going to go away...

Thanks for at least watching it though.

Edited by Anna B

Ah, don't you just love this forum, there are better stories on here than J.K.Rowling could scribe.

Angel1.

My Bold

That was in my mind when posting, It had to be, didn't you realise?

Before T.B was in power Labour was to the left of centre unelectable, but not as much to the left as Corbyn would take us.

Just watched the 'Guardian Live' debate on youtube with all 4 candidates discussing the issues. An interesting effect of Corbyn doing well in the polls is that the other three candidates are now falling over themselves to move further left. I thought Corbyn and Yvette Cooper both did very well. But only a few weeks ago Cooper's buzz word was 'aspiration.' Call me cynical but how genuine is such a sudden about face?

Why don't they do it then? An awful lot of people are still hopping mad about banker's bonuses and tax avoidance. It's good to hear a politician at least acknowledge it. It isn't going to go away...

Thanks for at least watching it though.

Perhaps because things aren't just simple as that.

-

Let's create peace everywhere.

Lets make the entire world a fair place for everyone.

Let's end corruption.

Let's end war.

Let's all be happy.

What do you think of my pledges for PM?

It's starts to fall apart when the first person with any intelligence starts questioning any one of my pledges.

:)

-

He kind of reminded me of a stoned Scargill (perhaps neo-scargillism is the right term :hihi:).

From that film (which I've now finished watching), I don't think he's Labour really. It looks like he's using them/it for a platform for his own ideologies to me. After watching the election build up, I bet he and Natalie Bennett would get on well.

But only a few weeks ago Cooper's buzz word was 'aspiration.' Call me cynical but how genuine is such a sudden about face?

That was Liz Kendall, not Yvette Cooper.

Liz Kendall’s aspiration agenda is built on shaky ground

Yvette Cooper's campaign is somewhat blander.

To make matters worse, her campaign is distinctly lacking in pheremones. It feels as if her aides were asked to dust off the Ed Miliband playbook, but instead of reenacting his successful bid for the party leadership have disinterred his disastrous pitch for the general election.

LINK

That was Liz Kendall, not Yvette Cooper.

Liz Kendall’s aspiration agenda is built on shaky ground

Yvette Cooper's campaign is somewhat blander.

LINK

Maybe, but it is Yvette Cooper I like, although to be honest, I think it's a pretty poor bunch to chose from...