Jeremy Corbyn coming to Sheffield

Yet he represents true Labour values that you'd expect all Labour MPs to have, otherwise why would they stand for Labour? He isn't as controversial as some people would have you believe, and certainly isn't far left.

Personally I think it's more about personalities. Corbyn isn't a member of their club; the Oxbridge elite, that all know each other from University, have all the top jobs earmarked by helping each other up the greasy pole, and seem to think they have a God given right to rule the world. The shock of having a rank outsider in their midst who actually wants to do what's best for the country, rather than what's best for themselves, probably scares them rigid.

My Bold

Anna B you must be the only one that thinks so.

quote from link.

Labour isn’t going to have a proper debate. Which is why Jeremy Corbyn is on the ballot in the first place. If Labour was having a proper debate, the sort of hard-Left politics espoused by him and his followers would already have been consigned to the dustbin of history. But the parliamentary Labour Party has opted to go rummaging through Michael Foot’s dustbin instead.

And only the Labour Party could have done this. Only the Labour Party could have contrived to greet the close of nominations for its leader with a raft of headlines about a candidate who is to the Left of Karl Marx and guaranteed not to win the contest.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/general-election-2015/politics-blog/11675756/The-lunatic-wing-of-the-Labour-Party-is-still-calling-the-shots.html

My Bold

Anna B you must be the only one that thinks so.

quote from link.

Labour isn’t going to have a proper debate. Which is why Jeremy Corbyn is on the ballot in the first place. If Labour was having a proper debate, the sort of hard-Left politics espoused by him and his followers would already have been consigned to the dustbin of history. But the parliamentary Labour Party has opted to go rummaging through Michael Foot’s dustbin instead.

And only the Labour Party could have done this. Only the Labour Party could have contrived to greet the close of nominations for its leader with a raft of headlines about a candidate who is to the Left of Karl Marx and guaranteed not to win the contest.

Whoever wrote that link knows nothing about Jeremy Corbyn or his politics, it's just a

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/general-election-2015/politics-blog/11675756/The-lunatic-wing-of-the-Labour-Party-is-still-calling-the-shots.html

Whoever wrote that link knows nothing about Jeremy Corbyn or his approach to politics.

It's simply a piece of scaremongering propaganda which they want you to believe without checking. He is not far left at all and says: 'These are ideas; not even proposals, just a base for discussion. The Labour party is a broad church with wide ranging views, but rather than have an electorate that is told what the policy is going to be, from the top down, I want to see them involved in that policy so it grows from the roots up.'

Rather than believe the scaremongering in the media, get it from the horses mouth and watch the speech from the man himself, at Sheffield's Crucible theatre on youtube. I promise you a speech unlike any we've seen from our politicians in recent years. Then decide for yourself.

Rather than believe the scaremongering in the media, get it from the horses mouth and watch the speech from the man himself, at Sheffield's Crucible theatre on youtube. I promise you a speech unlike any we've seen from our politicians in recent years. Then decide for yourself.

Rather than asking 'have you got a link?', I 'youtubed' it, and there are a few, outside, inside, rally outside etc. Which one were you referring to having seen?

The inside one is nearly 2 hours, so I'd rather ask!

Hear told corbyn's a bit of a sex symbol, there's a sex corbyn twitter feed....funny

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3181054/Twitter-pays-tribute-wonderfully-delicious-Jeremy-Corbyn-hilarious-spoof-account-Photoshops-MP-s-face-hunky-film-stars-bodies.html

---------- Post added 03-09-2015 at 06:53 ----------

Rather than asking 'have you got a link?', I 'youtubed' it, and there are a few, outside, inside, rally outside etc. Which one were you referring to having seen?

Check out the Sheffield inside speech....stirring stuff. Whether you believe or not, it's a good speech full of content.

Skip to about 45 mins for corbyn's bit....

---------- Post added 03-09-2015 at 06:55 ----------

Er, the Daily Mail is hardly scaremongering when it cites his serial disloyalty to the party whip.

Daily mail been one if the nicer papers to him..The guardian hates corbyn.

---------- Post added 03-09-2015 at 06:56 ----------

Which is strange on facevof it as the guardian is meant to be left wing......owned by right wing group. So not too far fetched

I seem to remember that Churchill thought it was right to stand up to those committing genocide, whereas Corbyn sided with Milosovic and the Bosnian Serbs and strongly opposed intervention to stop them committing genocide in Bosnia and Kosova.

No but he did the following, including putting troops against workers and wanting to use gas weapons

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-29701767

Youtube; 'Jeremy Corbyn at Sheffield Crucible'

First one up (Jeremy in white shirt) is the one, skip first 50 minutes, that's just the warm up acts. Jeremy was outside during this time speaking to the crowd in Tudor square. Then he comes in and speaks to the crowd in the Crucible.

Let us know what you think after you've watched it. Everyone there was partisan, it would be interesting hearing from someone who is not a fan, to get a different perspective.

I was there and I thought that he was just living his dream. He found it very easy to relax among a crowd who agreed with him. He's living in some kind of ego inflating bubble that will burst as soon as the people who weren't there cheering tell him what they think at the ballot box in May next year.

Yet he represents true Labour values that you'd expect all Labour MPs to have, otherwise why would they stand for Labour? He isn't as controversial as some people would have you believe, and certainly isn't far left.

Personally I think it's more about personalities. Corbyn isn't a member of their club; the Oxbridge elite, that all know each other from University, have all the top jobs earmarked by helping each other up the greasy pole, and seem to think they have a God given right to rule the world. The shock of having a rank outsider in their midst who actually wants to do what's best for the country, rather than what's best for themselves, probably scares them rigid.

It doesn't matter how much you try to dress it up as some kind of class warfare, Corbyn policies represent a massive shift in the Labour Party's direction.

I was there and I thought that he was just living his dream. He found it very easy to relax among a crowd who agreed with him. He's living in some kind of ego inflating bubble that will burst as soon as the people who weren't there cheering tell him what they think at the ballot box in May next year.

If you were there why didn't you boo or heckle ?

If you were there why didn't you boo or heckle ?

It isn't my style and it was a bit like a 1938 Nuremberg rally so I wouldn't have fancied my chances at being heard fairly, or worse.