Jeremy Corbyn coming to Sheffield

The SNP did very well in the last election with an anti-austerity platform. I see no reason why Labour cannot do the same.

Try again. The SNP wiped out Labour, who also had an anti-austerity platform.

Labour have stated that their anti-austerity platform is WHY they lost so heavily and they have the numbers to back that up.

http://labourlist.org/2015/08/labour-lost-because-voters-believed-it-was-anti-austerity/

If you had been paying attention you would have noticed that people voted FOR cuts in the May election.

Well a lot of them teach economics in universities (see here for full list). So they're teachers, not economists.

And I would hardly call David Blanchflower respected. Here's one of Danny Boy's more notorious howlers, made in 2009:

LINK

What actually happened was:

UK unemployment falls to seven-year low [bBC News, 13 May, 2015]

David Blanchflower was correct. After the cuts of 2010-11, the economy shrank, and Osborne did an about-turn, spending on Olympics, infrastructure, cheap mortgages, keeping Gordon Brown's QE going longer than planned, etc. if they had carried on any longer with the pre-election promises, the economy would have tanked. David Blanchflower's analysis was spot-on.

JohnE

Well a lot of them teach economics in universities (see here for full list). So they're teachers, not economists.

]

You can be both a teacher and economist:loopy:

---------- Post added 30-08-2015 at 15:08 ----------

Try again. The SNP wiped out Labour, who also had an anti-austerity platform.

Labour have stated that their anti-austerity platform is WHY they lost so heavily and they have the numbers to back that up.

http://labourlist.org/2015/08/labour-lost-because-voters-believed-it-was-anti-austerity/

If you had been paying attention you would have noticed that people voted FOR cuts in the May election.

No reason snp would not go back to labour, and the greens

Corbyn is the only politician who has a hope of revitalising Labour in Scotland. It also looks as though he is the only one who can bring out the young vote.

I want to hear how he intends to pay for it all without inflation going up,taxes going up and all the wealthy business owners leaving the country and taking their businesses and thousands of jobs with them when he puts business tax up and limits the earnings an individual can earn, which is what he has said he will do.Surely he must realise that taking a business owners profits will have a knock on effect to their employees meaning job losses.All that will happen is that productivity will have to go up with fewer workers meaning workers will have to work harder.We will then end up with workers striking all the time.

All workers? Striking all the time?

Do you not work? Will you strike?

Ok you've got me if we are going to be picky not every worker,just the union workers, I will certainly not be striking I have worked everyday since I left school and in continuous employment and long hours as well.I didn't actually say all workers did I, but whatever.

Edited by ghost rider

Jeremy Corbyn articulates that which survives as common decency in this country. He is the only politician motivated to defend Britain from the depredations of rapacious global capitalism. With regard to renationalisation of the railways; Corbyn plans to take back ownership of our railways from the French and German Governments. The shower of spite that is the Tory party are happy about state ownership of British assets, as long as it's somebody else's state that owns them. In the case of the railways we end up with profits from our railways being invested in trains and tracks overseas in France and Germany, while in Britain we travel on outdated rolling stock that would make the French and Germans laugh.

I want to hear how he intends to pay for it all without inflation going up,taxes going up and all the wealthy business owners leaving the country and taking their businesses and thousands of jobs with them when he puts business tax up and limits the earnings an individual can earn, which is what he has said he will do.Surely he must realise that taking a business owners profits will have a knock on effect to their employees meaning job losses.All that will happen is that productivity will have to go up with fewer workers meaning workers will have to work harder.We will then end up with workers striking all the time.

See corbyn's interview with Marr, he answers the question..about inflation

---------- Post added 30-08-2015 at 16:53 ----------

He said a marginal raise in corporation tax, also said a freeze in business rates

Jeremy Corbyn articulates that which survives as common decency in this country. He is the only politician motivated to defend Britain from the depredations of rapacious global capitalism. With regard to renationalisation of the railways; Corbyn plans to take back ownership of our railways from the French and German Governments. The shower of spite that is the Tory party are happy about state ownership of British assets, as long as it's somebody else's state that owns them. In the case of the railways we end up with profits from our railways being invested in trains and tracks overseas in France and Germany, while in Britain we travel on outdated rolling stock that would make the French and Germans laugh.

How's he going to take the railways back?

Renationalisation

---------- Post added 30-08-2015 at 16:55 ----------

That and energy