Hunters Bar Vets - what are your thoughts?

Ruthie950

Moving to the area soon and they are the closest vet for convenience but would be interested to hear other people's views on pricing and general experience please.

Currently using Vets 4 pets Millhouses who were great with both my cats before they both sadly passed away.

I have a new rescue moggie and don't want to stress her too much with a long car journey to the vets if I don't have to, but don't want to take her somewhere if they aren't the right choice.

Thanks!

HI Ruthie, I use both practices - the cats and dog are registered with V4P at Millhouses and the rabbits with Hunters Bar (on their healthy rabbits scheme) I think both are pretty similar cost wise and both provide good and caring service. We've been with V4P for some years now, almost right from when it opened, so have a lot of loyalty even though we actually live at Hunters Bar so that one would be much closer.

Not sure if Vets 4 pets now have an overnight service, when i used them some years ago they didn't, this meant you had to go to the PDSA at Attercliffe, not an option for me, so I swapped to Peak vets at Woodseats have been more than happy with the service. Open until 8.30 M-F Saturday until 3pm and Sunday 11-1pm. I have had twice to use them at 'odd' times, the staff are lovely and there is always someone on the premises overnight.

Thanks everyone. I think peak would be even further to travel and she's a very nervous little lady.

V4p really looked after my last cat who was very ill in her last months, sometimes overnight. They were also really great with me when it was all happening too, I'm a wreck when it comes to my moggies!

I might pop in to hunters bar once I've moved and size them up.

Thanks for your comments everyone

Thanks everyone. I think peak would be even further to travel and she's a very nervous little lady.

V4p really looked after my last cat who was very ill in her last months, sometimes overnight. They were also really great with me when it was all happening too, I'm a wreck when it comes to my moggies!

If she's nervous what if you have an emergency and have to rush her all the way to rotherham?

If it's that much of an emergency I'm probably not going to worry about how she travels as long as she is ok. Her day to day welfare is more important whilst I get her settled and comfortable with me. She's had a tough start in life and I need to give her a comfortable lifestyle which forms part of my overall decision.

Youve reminded me how caring V4Ps were with our terminally ill Norwegian Forest Cat Ashia, when she was admitted for overnight care. It made all the difference knowing one of their vets was willing to keep checking on her. It gave us another week with Ash