Fibre Coming to Sheffield Attercliffe Exchange!

Yeah, I have noticed it is now saying 'Accepting Orders' for me, so my cabinet must be enabled.

I can see that PlusNet Fibre and BT Infinity is now available, but Sky Fibre is not.

Am I right in assuming that Sky have their own equipment in the exchange? I believe this to be the case, but not too sure with my limited knowledge of telephony etc :)!

I think you'll have to ring Sky directly to discuss their fibre products. I'm currently with Sky and would prefer to stay with them if I could.

I do believe Sky use their own backhaul so even if they have LLU in that exchange it takes a little longer for them to accept fibre orders as the adjustments have to be made in the exchange to enable the backhaul.

Edited by AlexAtkin

My Fibre cabinet was switched to accepting orders today so I have ordered Fibre Pro from Sky. Should be here within the next 14 days.

Today it is exactly 5 months since work started to install the Fibre cabinet!

80mb here I come! :)

My Fibre cabinet was switched to accepting orders today so I have ordered Fibre Pro from Sky. Should be here within the next 14 days.

Today it is exactly 5 months since work started to install the Fibre cabinet!

80mb here I come! :)

Did you have to ring and get Fibre Pro? As usually then only offer fibre @ 40mb which has been one of reasons about switching to them along with the fact you are not allowed to use your own equipment

Edited by walkerx

@walkerx - Yes I had to ring up to order the Fibre Pro. You also get a static IP address according to the salesperson.

Did you have to ring and get Fibre Pro? As usually then only offer fibre @ 40mb which has been one of reasons about switching to them along with the fact you are not allowed to use your own equipment

Officially you can't use your own equipment, in reality once you have the username/password out of the Sky router you can do what you want.

I've kept the SR102 Sky box as the modem, but as the wireless on this is utter crap I use an Asus RT56N as a wireless access point.

Had no problems with this setup at all, 2 months uptime until the SR102 did an update last week.

Deployment Phase 9: October - December 2017... Not good :) I had high hopes I guess...

Do you live out in the sticks?

Cab 63 on Prince of Wales Road outside Davys Social Club has gone live and is accepting orders.

Which is nice.

Cab 63 on Prince of Wales Road outside Davys Social Club has gone live and is accepting orders.

Which is nice.

Good news for you then. Have you decided who is going to supply your Superfast Broadband?

My new Fibre Router is due to be delivered today and my go live date is 22/03 all being well.

Can't wait!!

Edited by Paddy

Openreach has updated slightly for our premises off Effingham road - now saying "in scope"

Your area is currently in our plans to be upgraded with Fibre to the Premises (FTTP), however we follow a different design and build process for FTTP so you won't see updates at each stage. When you are able to place orders you will see the Accepting Orders message. In some instances our FTTP plans change. If this happens you will move though the journey stages normally.

If you'd like to know when you can order fibre, register your details.

FTTP will be mega fast...no idea how long this will now take though...

Fibre To The Premises!!! I would love to be able to have that to my house. This must be one of the 1st FTTP developments in Sheffield by BT that I have heard of.