Women only train carriages

do you agree with women-only carriages  

91 members have voted

1. 1. do you agree with women-only carriages

• Yes
    • No

A politician is floating the idea of women only train carriages because he says that lots of women are harassed on trains so they would be better off in in a segregated carriage.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/aug/26/women-only-train-carriages-a-possibility-under-jeremy-corbyn

The only people that I know who might think it's a good idea are men of certain old fashioned religions, but I'm a man so I probably don't know what I'm talking about. If this comes in I think that Rosa Parks wasted her time.

What do ladies think?

Am a man. Good idea if it stops women being assaulted by men.

Perhaps we could stop men assaulting women rather than locking the women away?

Where's the like button. :) I might have more time for the idea if a woman had suggested it. Some politicians must have too much time and not enough common sense.

A politician is floating the idea of women only train carriages because he says that lots of women are harassed on trains so they would be better off in in a segregated carriage.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/aug/26/women-only-train-carriages-a-possibility-under-jeremy-corbyn

The only people that I know who might think it's a good idea are men of certain old fashioned religions, but I'm a man so I probably don't know what I'm talking about. If this comes in I think that Rosa Parks wasted her time.

What do ladies think?

Stupid, sexist and backwards idea.

Totally agree ,I'm a woman by the way ! I think money would be better spent on self defence and safety awareness for women .

I would rather have more staff, conductors, BTP on trains than be segregated.

The only time I've felt threatened is travelling with football supporters, drunk and leary, also twice had someone try and touch me under a table or sitting next to me. I'm ok dealing with that, but it would have been nice to have a conductor or someone to tell about it though.

How would you do that?

optional women only carriages is a great idea.

---------- Post added 26-08-2015 at 09:54 ----------

I would rather have more staff, conductors, BTP on trains than be segregated.

The only time I've felt threatened is travelling with football supporters, drunk and leary, also twice had someone try and touch me under a table or sitting next to me. I'm ok dealing with that, but it would have been nice to have a conductor or someone to tell about it though.

If men cant control themselves, taking the opportunity away is best course of action.

Guest sibon

Couldn't agree more.

How would you do that?

Hmm. Let's try robust policing, prosecuting offenders and jailing them.

That should work.

How would you do that?

---------- Post added 26-08-2015 at 09:54 ----------

If men cant control themselves, taking the opportunity away is best course of action.

I don't know, to me it seems a bit like the quiet coach. If there aren't the staff there to enforce it, the reasonable men will abide by the rules and the horrible ones will barge through into that carriage anyway and carry on with their bad behaviour?

Black people are more likely to be victims of violent crime too. He could have special buses just for them too. It's been tried before but for some reason it was phased out.

A slogan like Blacks Only Bus could be a vote winner.

Hmm. Let's try robust policing, prosecuting offenders and jailing them.

That should work.

A large majority arent reported. And police are less resources than ever. Not going to happen

---------- Post added 26-08-2015 at 10:02 ----------

I don't know, to me it seems a bit like the quiet coach. If there aren't the staff there to enforce it, the reasonable men will abide by the rules and the horrible ones will barge through into that carriage anyway and carry on with their bad behaviour?

have an optional female only coach. With males being prosecuted on entry.

---------- Post added 26-08-2015 at 10:03 ----------

thousands of bikes are stolen. The police cant deal with it.

same has and will happen here. Law enforcement is stretched.