Be as cruel as you like!

Where are these ponies please?

They're on Game Lane at Loadbrook, which is near Storrs and Dungworth

Go to the papers, they'll have to do something then

Rspca don't seem to know what's important & what's not. Iv had 2 visits from them. The 1st because someone reported us for negligence to our cats... they came out within a wk of the report (that's what theysaid) & they were very gd, checked my cats & was more than happy with our care & love for them.. The 2nd time was about 14 month later.... my husband built a shelter for a couple of our cats has they won't come in at night and i was worried about them in the cold. Very cozy with bedding and it is waterproof etc... The rspca came out due to a report someone had made that wk about us being cruel to our pet rabbits (we have never had any rabbits) looked at the shelter and again was impressed that we loved our cats that much to think about them being in the cold. Again praised us and apologised?, turned out that some idiots even though we keep ourselves to ourselves had a gripe with us. With the rspca & police they found out who & got a warning. So it seems that rspca hurry on some reports & not on others.

If you feel the situation has not been handled correctly, then please write in to the Headquarters, instead of on here.....

https://www.rspca.org.uk/utilities/contactus

Thanks for the link, and I will let them know of my misgivings about their handling of this situation.

I'm a bit tired though of people inferring that I somehow thought that by registering my feelings on here, a pet forum presumably populated by animal lovers, it would somehow magically reform RSPCA in and of itself.

I merely wanted people on here to be aware of how RSPCA operates with regards to reports of cruelty, and I don't really need the barbed comments, and non comments signified by carefully placed ............

Cheers

Oh and I did make my feelings very clear to the inspector I spoke to after the 'investigation'

Edited by NewBiz

Newbiz, give the Sheffield animal welfare officer a ring LINSEY 01142930357 she may be able to help...she came and checked my horses passports and gave me advise on other matters,she is very helpful.

Newbiz, give the Sheffield animal welfare officer a ring LINSEY 01142930357 she may be able to help...she came and checked my horses passports and gave me advise on other matters,she is very helpful.

Thanks ferretman I will. Is she anything to do with RSPCA or is she from another body, i.e SCC?

Newbiz,Lindsey Hodkin works for the Environment Protection Service which is the animal welfare part of SCC,she visits farms and stables checking horse passports..ear tagging agricultural paper work like movement and medication records and I think she works in conjunction with DEFRA and gives advice on animal welfare,hope this helps.

Newbiz,Lindsey Hodkin works for the Environment Protection Service which is the animal welfare part of SCC,she visits farms and stables checking horse passports..ear tagging agricultural paper work like movement and medication records and I think she works in conjunction with DEFRA and gives advice on animal welfare,hope this helps.

That's really helpful ferretman, I'll call her Monday. Many thanks

If you feel the situation has not been handled correctly, then please write in to the Headquarters, instead of on here.....

https://www.rspca.org.uk/utilities/contactus

people write on here because they want some attention, be that agreement or disagreement. The nature of the topic is of secondary importance to the need to for some kind of reaction. There's nothing wrong with that btw - I'm not being critical of any one person in particular, because we all do it, that's why we are here. I just think it is naive to post a link and say "write to these, don't post it on here" because the reasons for posting on here are different to the ones for contacting the HQ of the organisation.

people write on here because they want some attention, be that agreement or disagreement. The nature of the topic is of secondary importance to the need to for some kind of reaction. There's nothing wrong with that btw - I'm not being critical of any one person in particular, because we all do it, that's why we are here. I just think it is naive to post a link and say "write to these, don't post it on here" because the reasons for posting on here are different to the ones for contacting the HQ of the organisation.

I totally agree, everyone is entitled to their opinion of anyone or anything, however if the OP was hoping that the situation was/needed to be looked at again, as they were not happy then (as in everything) they deserve the right for the situation to be looked at again, and/or get another opinion on the matter. By writing on here, the headquarters of the RSPCA who pay the officers wages, really should be made aware, and if the matter hasn't been dealt with satisfactorily, re looked at...simple really.