Henry's, Cambridge St

Oh that's a shame. I have many happy memories of Henry's in the good old days!

Im quite surprised its gone if indeed it has gone. I reckon it will be awhile before that section of Cambridge street has anything done to it so henrys probably had another few years before it needed to close.

That's because the hotel and the rest of that block is due to be demolished so they can build the new HSBC offices and retail units supposedly opening 2019.

I actually liked Henrys as a place and it formed a regular after work venue for myself and colleagues. I thought the beer was awful tho. I had to slip through the beer garden into next door to get something drinkable. But I'm guessing the Brewhouse has gone as well then?

I'm going to have a stroll past in a bit on the way to tap n tankard see if there's any signs that suggest if it is permanently closed mainly cos im a nosey bugger. I cant imagine the owner is very chuffed if it is closed. I cant imagine all that brewing equipment was cheap to buy and install.

I walked past it this week and a notice is there saying it is closed for maintenance, not sure what that means, but to have all the windows covered in both pubs is suggesting something else.

This is a pub which irritated me as it was lovely inside and had loads of ale pumps but lacked direction on good ales, most were just the standard pale ales which were not over 5%

Hope Tap and Tankard don't close soon as I like it in there.

Maybe all of the pubs will re-locate somewhere.

I walked past it this week and a notice is there saying it is closed for maintenance, not sure what that means, but to have all the windows covered in both pubs is suggesting something else.

This is a pub which irritated me as it was lovely inside and had loads of ale pumps but lacked direction on good ales, most were just the standard pale ales which were not over 5%

Hope Tap and Tankard don't close soon as I like it in there.

Maybe all of the pubs will re-locate somewhere.

Would have thought you, if anyone, would know Pete. Finger on the pulse and all that! :)

We do share views on Henry's and I would like to see it reappear elsewhere, but not sure that will happen. As or the T&T I quite like it around Christmastime, but I went in a few months back and it smelled of wet dog. That put me right off. I'd be surprised if that survived a stay of execution seeing as the building next door is already falling down.

Yeah the sign says closed temporarily closed for essential works and maintenance. I spose the windows whited out suggest they do intend to reopen. You wouldn't bother doing that if you are closed down.

As for the tap I doubt it would change location. I know it was a bit of an experiment by Kelham to set up a city center pub to see how viable it was. I reckon they have probably made back the money they have spent on the building. Sadly I don't think there are many years left for it which is sad as it's my not so local pub :)

The bit next door which is falling down is leahs yard and one of the last little mesters yards and I don't think they are allowed to knock it down. If it falls down on its own tho...

Makes a change from been turned into a Tesco or demolition . Agree the Tap and Tankard is not bad shame they can't retain it in the new development.