Just a quickie....

Hi I'm coming to the University of Sheffield in September and have been looking at all the accommodation stuff..... What are the chances of getting in at Victoria Hall? I am aware they only have room for 96 undergraduates, do current residents get first choice on renewal thus making it nigh on impossible for new people to get in? Also I see fuel charges aren't included, has anyone got any idea of how much these might be for a year? Any info asap would be greatly appreciated, thanks very much.

By the way, I did run a search about this, but couldn't find this specific information, cheers. If anyone has anything else to add about the place then that would be cool too, thanks. My offer was unconditional which I know gets priority for catered halls but I don't suppose it makea a difference for accommodation that is only university-nominated.

... I'm looking at Victoria Hall student accommodation, I'm coming to study law at the University of Sheffield, how far is this accommodation from the Law dept. does anyone know?

Where is Victoria Hall?

Address may be useful to be able to tell you.

Have you thought about using multimap?

Put in yer postcode or street name and there yer go!

Moon

Originally posted by fuzzy

Where is Victoria Hall?

Address may be useful to be able to tell you.

It's on Eldon Street in the Devonshire quarter, opposite Devonshire Green.

The Law Faculty is at the Crookesmoor Building, which is about a 25 minute walk/15 minute bus ride away. However, because of the massive numbers of law students at Sheffield at the moment, many of the core subjects are being taught at the Medical School, which is at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital, about 15 minutes walk/5-10 minutes bus ride away.

Hope that helps.

Originally posted by hounsfieldjr

The Law Faculty is at the Crookesmoor Building, which is about a 25 minute walk/15 minute bus ride away. However, because of the massive numbers of law students at Sheffield at the moment, many of the core subjects are being taught at the Medical School, which is at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital, about 15 minutes walk/5-10 minutes bus ride away.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for that mate. That being the case, would you consider it unpractical to stay at Victoria Hall as a Law student? I mean 25 minutes isn't the end of the world, what would be your opinion? Cheers.

Oh also, I take it from your comments that you can get a bus from Victoria Hall to the Crookesmoor building?

No u can't get a bus to the law building, ans it is on a hill.

Originally posted by fuzzy

No u can't get a bus to the law building, ans it is on a hill.

Fair enough, but if no one can get one than at least I'm at no disadvantage in that sense! So where can I get one to? Tapton Halls?

Actullay there is a bus that goes past the law building. I think it is the 8

or 9, circular, but it is hourly? and will not go near Victoria hall?

You will be able to get a 52 from town to Tapton hall. These halls are

nearest to the Law building and in Crookes which is a great area to live in,

but you will still not be able to get a bus to the law building from here, you will have to walk and it is not far.

Have you not been and had a look around the Uni and Sheffield? Suggest

coming over for a weekend with some mates or get your folks to bring over

for day. Try before you buy thing, though you will like it. (Oh and if you buy an A-Z while here you will get some idea of how far apart things are)

Yeah I came to the Law Dept. open day in February, we only got to actually go inside tapton halls, none of the other halls nor any of the self-catering flats. I've started looking at the self-catering flats as an alternative, do you have any experience of any of them? taptonville is quite handy for the Law dept. and apparently it's nice inside, if you know anything about any of the flats, or advice about self catering in general then let me know, cheers!