What's the most bizarre thing you've seen whilst watching your club?

footietalk

I thought it was pretty bizarre two or three seasons ago when an opposing player did a foul throw. It was chucking it down and because the ball was wet and it had obviously slipped through his fingers the ref blew his whistle and let him take it again. The ball had gone on to the field of play so had to be a foul throw.

I can remember the cup game against man city in I think 2008? The balloon skinning a highly rated Michael ball and assisting Luton Shelton's tap in. The man city fans were chanting "cheat" at us but it bobbled off of there balloon

Hah, great thread :)

At FC Groningen we once started a game with 12 players. I kid you not, the manager had been sacked and the assistant was in charge, he had told two left wingers that they were starting and never realised in all the stress (or at least that was his story).

The ref never noticed by the way! Took two minutes for someone to inform him of the fact...

I remember someone's cat running around the top end of the Kop during a packed game. You could tell where it was by the line of people jumping out of their seats as it raced past.

I also have fond memories of a pre-match warmup in the early 90s where Ozzie Owl got Hirsty to take a penalty against him and Hirsty hammered it straight into Ozzie's face, blowing the head off the costume and into the back of the net. I don't think we stopped laughing for about 10 minutes.