What's the most bizarre thing you've seen whilst watching your club?

footietalk

Most bizarre thing i ever saw was in a Owls / Blades derby at lane, Ralph O,Donnell being sent off before they kicked off. Now can anyone give the reason why ? it was bizarre believe me.

I didn't know that story.

Ralph was my geography and PT teacher. I think he got the sack for going on a pre-season tour of Nigeria without permission. He was a great guy, sadly no longer with us.

It was a well known fact Swanny was a real lad in those days , and was always pulling practical jokes on his mates What happened was Peter had already had a word with Roger Kirkpatrick , the ref for the match what he was going to do..While they were getting changed Swanny swapped Ralph,s number six shirt , for the spare number five, therefore when they took to the field we had two number fives. Swanny was in stitches when Roger went over to Ralph and sent him off to change his shirt for the number six. Don,t, think that would happen today.

Ralph was the only one of two Owls players to manage England, though it only be schoolboys.

Edited by ALAN 58

I remember long ago wednesdayites painted their doc martins silver... i once walked from preston station to the ground with thousands many who had silver boots.. including me. We didnt half get some funny looks.. another thing i remember is that the kop was wooden..

owls painted them silver Blades painted them gold

It was a well known fact Swanny was a real lad in those days , and was always pulling practical jokes on his mates What happened was Peter had already had a word with Roger Kirkpatrick , the ref for the match what he was going to do..While they were getting changed Swanny swapped Ralph,s number six shirt , for the spare number five, therefore when they took to the field we had two number fives. Swanny was in stitches when Roger went over to Ralph and sent him off to change his shirt for the number six. Don,t, think that would happen today.

Ralph was the only one of two Owls players to manage England, though it only be schoolboys.

I don't think it could have been Roger Kirkpatrick (Mr Pickwick). Didn't he come later? Is it in Swanny's book? I've got it somewhere, I'll have a look.