I'm finding it really difficult to find a job

Thank you for the comment Mr Roberts. I am currently job hunting as I type this, but noticed that your comment had come through on my email tab. I was taught to fight for what I want, and all I wanted was to be healthy and working so I can make my kids proud.

I am sure they are proud of you already :)

Have you considered going self employed and cutting out the middle man?

There is a fair amount of help available, business advice, accounting workshops, government help:

https://www.gov.uk/new-enterprise-allowance

Depending on how much time and energy you've got, it doesn't stop you from taking a

normal paid job alongside if it crops up, it doesn't have to be all or nothing. I generally have a low hour, low stress PT job and also do my self employed work online, it works quite well for me. It's also something you can add to your CV, and I get the feeling employers like it - you're not just another long term unemployed person. Quite a lot of jobs are self employed roles too, if you're already set up and running you've got one up on the person who isn't.

Just my 2p, best of luck.

bx

Hello Spacebadger, I am starting college in January 2016, then I may look into the possibility of self employment once I complete the course. However, I have been for a Job Interview today, and they have called me back in to see them tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

---------- Post added 10-11-2015 at 12:12 ----------

Just a bit of an update, I have still not heard from the person that originally started this post. But, I have been for two interviews over the past week and have not managed to get either of the jobs. The second interview was yesterday 09/11/2015 and I was not successful, so I came home last night a little deflated, and got straight on with applying for more jobs.

In my personal quest 'to spread the positivity', I would like wish both Pip and Klynne all the best with their job searches.

Was a long time ago when I was looking but remember the heartbreak when you get turned down for the one you thought was for you. Best advice I was given is to make a full time job out of searching/practicing your interview and presentation techniques. Also to keep applying to the same place if you think you can do a good job, don't let one rejection put you off.....I really want to work for you because.....

Once again, all the best keep plugging away and I am sure that you can make it happen! :)

I know this is slightly off topic but I thought I would share it anyway whilst wishing the Op the best of luck in their job search.

Unfortunately, I am not involved in recruiting anymore but a few years ago when I was I agreed with a local agency to interview some long term unemployed people. We had a vacancy and although I did not guarantee a position but I thought it would help them to have a true interview if nothing else.

One of them turned up and as I went down the c.v. I noticed this particular person had not worked for 18 years.

So I asked the question - what was the reason for leaving their last position (which they had held for 3 months) and why did they think they had not managed to obtain a position since.

I was promptly told that they had only just started job searching as the previous position had caused them so much stress and depression that they had not been able to work.

Oh dear, was my response, well obviously it must have been pretty bad. I needed more detail as if they were to be successful we may need to make adjustments to ensure we did nothing that may trigger the condition.

Well, they said, "The company had a rush of work on and I was made to work from 9.00 am right through (their emphasis) to 7.30 three days on the trot."

What, I replied, right through until 7.30 in the morning. I agree, that is not right.

No, they replied, 7.30 in the evening. Three times.

18 years later they didn't get the job.

Thank you for the words of encouragement. I am not giving up on my quest to find work, I will succeed and find the job that suits me.