Where's the racket coming from?

We'll yes what I mean is they have had hours to stop it and never have done.

All u guys who are hearing it from a distance are so lucky, it's really loud where I am at Southey green, my husband took a walk around 2.30 to see if he could find where the music is coming from and when he got to longley park he couldn't hear it at all, he walked all way along longley park, up to tesco on herries road and couldn't hear it at all, he then walked back towards home up moonshine lane and back home where u can hear it very loud and clear, it's bizarre where the music is coming from , we live on crowder ave near the dentist end, my house backs onto the doctors on Southey green road and believe me it's very loud, it's woken my daughter 3 times and she normally sleeps very well but she can't sleep at all even with all windows shut, it's not bothering me that much but I do simpovise for people especially people who now have to get up for work..

That's an odd time to go out for a walk! Are you sure that's what he was doing and not "visiting" someone? Or going to a rave?

But now there is the added noise of several dogs barking probably because of the noise

Could it be the Sharrow Festival? On the link I posted it says it's going on while very late and that it's in Mount PLeasant Park. If so the Police should know where it is!

I doubt it, that is a highly residential area and nobdy is complaining from there it seems that the noise is travelling to the North and West of the City so blowing with the wind but someone must live close to this or its in a real derelict area where nobody lives.

I do remember this happening before and wondered if its a annual rave, quite a few all nighters walking about at 5.30 this morning on route to work more than usual

Seen a post on Facebook saying it's after party from sharrow festival at a venue in attercliffe with a 6am licence. It's still going on !!

I doubt its shartow festival, i dont think they would hae any involvement with something this level...

That's an odd time to go out for a walk! Are you sure that's what he was doing and not "visiting" someone? Or going to a rave?

Lol I wish he did find it would have had a night to my self ,

No really I sent him to Norwood garage for some

Painkillers, and caus he'd been out drinking he obviously couldn't drive the car,he walked longley way caus he was baffled like everyone else where the music is coming from...

And the music still playing and does seem to be getting louder and louder....

I do feel real sorry for ppl who are working today, like I quoted it's not bothered me it's just my kids what are having to suffer with being woken up by it ...

---------- Post added 23-08-2015 at 07:23 ----------

And the police are prob raving with them for them not to locate where it is and stop the music and it's not as if it's been a hour or so it's been playing since about 11 ish last night, that's 8 hours ago

I doubt its shartow festival, i dont think they would hae any involvement with something this level...

It won't be official. It will be organised but people visiting or playing the festival. Makes sense if people say this happens regularly around this time.

I'm in ecclesfield and I have friends in shirgreen and shirecliffe which can also hear it! It woke me about an hour ago. It sounds one minute like it's in my garden then sound a good few miles away. Can feel the base through the bottom of the bed.

All your base are belong to us.

:clap::partyhat::clap:

I'm at Shiregreen and been awake most of the night due to the thump, thump. Had to shut the windows and could still hear it through the double glazing.

Just got up in the end as was roasting with no air coming in the house.

I can still hear it but other sounds are now subduing it.

Why are the council giving licences for these events? The UK have a 11-7 law about noise. We all know not many abide by it but one would think that a council office would. Having said that I guess most of them have their hearing aids turned off so it won't effect them.

It won't be official. It will be organised but people visiting or playing the festival. Makes sense if people say this happens regularly around this time.

Sharrow festival is usually in June.

---------- Post added 23-08-2015 at 06:39 ----------

I'm in ecclesfield and I have friends in shirgreen and shirecliffe which can also hear it! It woke me about an hour ago. It sounds one minute like it's in my garden then sound a good few miles away. Can feel the base through the bottom of the bed.

Probably your springs have worn out. You need a new mattress

Racket, nope no racket just good tunes. The organisers must be doing a good job. They are not catering for people on here or people who are laid awake in their beds. They are ensuring the good people bouncing up and down in front of the sound system are having a good time. Every house held should have ear plugs for moments they don't wish to hear things outside their own bedrooms. Grenada woods have had many a good rave. If it's not your scene then that's fine but shouldn't wish or moan that others do like it. Once again I say ear plugs are a great invention.

Earplugs are slightly less useful when it's the cranky four year old who keeps waking up because of the noise. Through closed windows and double glazing, no less. We now have a delightful day of sleep-deprived tantrums to look forward to, so thanks a ****ing bunch, ravers. I hope karma sends you all insomniac kids in your turn.