Where's the racket coming from?

Why not hold the venue in the Peace Gardens or Devonshire Green on a weekday starting at 9am, then our councillors can come out and join in the fun.

I know everyone's having a go at the police but it really does feel like they are getting to passive these days and will always stand back and do nothing if they can except if it's a motoring offence of course ,nice easy solved crime for the figures.

What message does it send to those wanting to organise another event like this.

I was walking on Burbage Moor at around 7.00 this morning - you could hear that bass bouncing off Carl Wark. Must have been a great party.

Edited by stressconsul

I could hear this on Union Rd at Nether Edge last night - wondered what it was! It was so loud that I initially thought it must be an open-air disco at the Stag but that wasn't the case...

I was walking on Burbage Moor at around 7.00 this morning - you could hear that base bouncing off Carl Wark. Must have been a great party.

Sounds like through some kinda wormhole in the space/time continuum, you may've accidentall been listening to Douglas Adams's Disaster Area to me.

Mind you, I saw Eccentrica Gallumbits in Abbeydale Road Tesco earlier on, whatever that may signify?

Personally, I think anyone who wants to listen to loud music should do so via the privacy (to other people) of cordless headphones. That way, they can get tinnitus all by themselves.

The music is still playing, Sunday after lunch. Its been in many threads on here over the years. Just looked at Ripon Street nice bit of land there. People walking away from the area. A minutes drive away.

---------- Post added 23-08-2015 at 13:09 ----------

Sheffield Council do not give permission. Music cannot be played outdoors after 11pm. Even when Don Valley hosted bands, had to be over before 11pm.

I stand corrected then,can't understand why it wasn't stopped.

Cry babies.

Posted at 13:46. Is that when you got up?

Plenty of other people will have had to get up early this morning after being kept awake all night by those selfish noisy *****.

There was two, one at Attercliffe which has finished, and there was reports of one at Grenoside, but it couldn't be found...

I live in Crookes and was kept awake by this "noise." There is an outdoor event at Tankersley this weekend that may be the culprit.

I have some experience of acoustics and almost certainly what is being felt is infra bass. This is bass noise that is below the hearing frequency. As it travels, either through walls or the air it changes to a frequency that can be herd. The noise at the event may not be that high but if the infra bass is at a high level it could affect people miles away. Earplugs would have little effect and in any case who keeps earplugs at the side of the bed ready for the next rave.

There was two, one at Attercliffe which has finished, and there was reports of one at Grenoside, but it couldn't be found...

Pretty sure it was on the woods again. It was getting louder as I was walking earlier.

Now that we've had that heavy downpour..can't hear a peep peeking my head outside the door.

Posted at 13:46. Is that when you got up?

Plenty of other people will have had to get up early this morning after being kept awake all night by those selfish noisy *****.

I heard it when I went to bed and again when I woke for the toilet but I still slept ok, even if it kept me awake who gives toss, its not like its every weekend.

Is being anti social okay then, so long as you don't do it regularly?