Where's the racket coming from?

I used to go to raves, I still have the tinnitus to prove it. I wish the same upon those that kept me awake last night :)

Was still going on at 9-00Am,sounded as if it was coming from Attercliffe way, i'm in Ellesmere.Had to shut my window and put fan on and t.v.to drown out the noise.Sure this has been discussed before and the council give permission to do it.

The music is still playing, Sunday after lunch. Its been in many threads on here over the years. Just looked at Ripon Street nice bit of land there. People walking away from the area. A minutes drive away.

---------- Post added 23-08-2015 at 13:09 ----------

Sheffield Council do not give permission. Music cannot be played outdoors after 11pm. Even when Don Valley hosted bands, had to be over before 11pm.

The music was loud and clear in Crookes all through the night and morning. No sleep here.

And btw - to all who suggested we just close our windows and use earplugs, well ..durrrrr! .... yes we did both. In spite of the fact you're telling us not to complain, you clearly haven't experienced trying to sleep with a kick drum and sub bass coming through your closed windows and earplugs and vibrating your skull and chest. I hope when it does happen to you and you're going crazy from sleep deprivation that you reflect on the patronising advice you just dished out.

Really! Telling me that I'm moaning and stuffy because I don't want 120 bpm pumped into my bedroom all night. And I should be alright with that? OK, fair's fair. Give me your address and I'll pump music into yours next time you're shattered and trying to sleep :)

Calm down Dear...

Racket, nope no racket just good tunes. The organisers must be doing a good job. They are not catering for people on here or people who are laid awake in their beds. They are ensuring the good people bouncing up and down in front of the sound system are having a good time. Every house held should have ear plugs for moments they don't wish to hear things outside their own bedrooms. Grenada woods have had many a good rave. If it's not your scene then that's fine but shouldn't wish or moan that others do like it. Once again I say ear plugs are a great invention.

Just out of interest are you from daaahn saaahhff?

To be honest I agree with people who say everyone should chill and enjoy it......what's wrong with a few hundred people having a great night.....if it stops thousands of people sleeping who are working early, or poorly....or just knackered....so what...they can use earplugs that don't work at all with bass noise...or

shut their windows on a warm night....that also doesn't work.......the main thing is that these 'desperate to be with it folk'......pop a few and got out out of their skulls.....yes of course they could do that in loads of places that doesn't affect anybody else.....but that's not cool....innit

Edited by Eat the Beat

If they didn't work for a living they would do it on a week night.

You obviously don't know what you are talking about.

If you have ever been close to the party scene you would know the vast majority of the people you label as miscrients are mon-fri 9 to 5ers who want to let there hair down at the weekend.

And I'm the Pope.

I'm about a mile away so very loud here. Still went to sleep with the window open. You just have to stop stressing and put it outta your mind. :)

if it happens again and the police don't shut it down. people should just go unplug and trash their equipment. if the police aint going to do anything, take it into your own hands.

people will do silly things due to lack of sleep.

it's the fracking companies, they've already started . . . :suspect: