Meares Irlen Syndrome

My Son has recently been diagnosed with Dyslexia/Visual stress possibility of Irlen Syndrome. Has anyone got any experience of this he's just about to start Secondary school, but very deflated after no help from Primary

TIA

Hello, thanks for your reply, l suppose l realy want to know if it's worth going down the Irlen route, is there any benefit especially at such a cost? Did you find the lenses beneficial or was a normal coloured Dyslexia filter just as good?, thank you

I have irlens syndrome. Its great it has been identified in your son. Lenses are expensive (£130 for the assessment and about the same to get them done) was my experience but they make a massive difference, if you're able and willing to wear them. Very best luck to your son. Sad that he has had little help so far.

Hello, thanks for your reply we did indeed go down that route, he has infact severe Irlan. The assessment and Lenses cost more than double of what you stated, however his depth perception/balance has improved, Reading speed is double what it was, the Eye fatigue is gone (really see the difference when he forgets them), as soon as he put them on he said 'Wow, everythings stopped jumping around' and its clear. Well worth every penny, still no help from school though with the Dyslexia :/

Really interested to hear that. Will reply with further questions and ideas later.