Want to join the Army? Hillsborough Barbers is first step

Every dam place I've walked into and asked for a simple trim. Prices vary from 4 pounds to 15 pounds. I've tried everywhere. I simply ask for a trim and every dam barber feels the need to attack my head till there's nothing left . Seen the film full metal jacket? That's me when I've left . Honest to god is there any hairdresser/barber who understands the concept 'not too short at sides or on top '. They all seem to be Edward Scissor Hands Prodigys.

One benefit I won't need a haircut for another 5 weeks.... However tennis ball head jokes wear thin...:D

Hillsborough Barbers is first step

is it also the last step :huh:

Go to Bogarts in Hillsborough, they're good.

Go to Bogarts in Hillsborough, they're good.

that's debatable. they've got some good staff and some bad staff, and it's not worth the grief working out who's who.

I tend to stick to the city centre barbers, the ones in hillsborough are pretty bad, rushed, clippered and no accounting for the actual person in front of them, you just end up getting what the barber can do.

I as a lad was made to go to Lew Burgins in town. Never got Lew, but the dreaded Max.

Oh....how I dreaded School on a Monday morning. He gave me the basin not that I ever asked for it and then to add insult to injury he would ask 'Brylcreme Sir?' And before I could say no he would slap a palm full on.

I alwYs left in tears!

John on crookes next to grindstone he's been cutting hair for 45 years so he's just about grasped it

Taylor Taylor are consistently good but you pay for their expertise

(various locations such as Surrey Street near the Town Hall and West Street)

Baldness is one answer. Most blokes who went bald never complain about going to the barbers. You could try it.

My wife cuts mine has done for 30 years and i'm happy....all you need is some shears

I've used a few of the places in Hillsborough, although I normally get it cut in the city centre, but they've all managed to not give me a buzz cut.

Is the problem starting when you say "number 1 all over please"?

Mr fox ex fellas in hillsborough, no rush, careful cuts, I've witnessed him doing it for nowt to the surprise of hair owner when he knew it was a 'wedding cut' - cool touch. Great for kids too.