Sheffield Bus Partnership update

If they have made travel so much better why not publish data on bus punctuality like on the trains ?

How can a service be nearly 100% reliable and on 90% run on time ? Did the 51 not run back then ?

The changes just show what Travel South Yorkshire is - an organisation that's of little use. That's a polite description.

These changes are cutbacks that in some cases will put people off bus travel in Sheffield.

They didn't run a consultation. They presented a description of changes and the actual changes are somewhat different. I tried to talk to them at a consultation, but couldn't get near because the people had put themselves behind a desk in a corner.

Some other experiences of Travel South Yorkshire. Forgetting to process a ticket application and delaying me getting the ticket, two years running, and conveniently losing my letter of complaint even though I hand delivered it to them. They also seem to be selective on replying to tweets and emails.

Perhaps one day they might just think about the customer and do something positive.

i think, on november the first I'm going to get a tram into town, find somewhere cosy to sit with my popcorn and watch the chaos unravel. i have noticed on the bus map the 25 doesnt stop at es6 but the 24 does, in fact they are going on the same route through town, so i would imagine its a typo...

How can a service be nearly 100% reliable and on 90% run on time ? Did the 51 not run back then ?

If they are using the terms the same as the rail industry do, reliability is services that actually ran (ie not cancelled), punctuality is whether they ran on time or not. It is useful to have both measures as you could manipulate the performance figures by either cancelling everything that is late giving you 100% punctuality or never reforming disrupted/late services giving you 100% reliability.

---------- Post added 16-10-2015 at 23:06 ----------

i think, on november the first I'm going to get a tram into town, find somewhere cosy to sit with my popcorn and watch the chaos unravel. i have noticed on the bus map the 25 doesnt stop at es6 but the 24 does, in fact they are going on the same route through town, so i would imagine its a typo...

I would think so - otherwise the 25 will no longer serve Moorfoot!

---------- Post added 16-10-2015 at 23:06 ----------

I'm sure Supertram will appreciate your custom!

Don't know if I'm reading this right but for bus 75 the 7.57am (woodseats stop) will be cancelled, so for kids using that bus for school in the morning if they miss the earlier bus they now have a 35 minute wait???

Don't know if I'm reading this right but for bus 75 the 7.57am (woodseats stop) will be cancelled, so for kids using that bus for school in the morning if they miss the earlier bus they now have a 35 minute wait???

Is that towards Jordanthorpe? If so looks like you are right - pick up on Woodseats at 07:40 then 08:15.

However there are buses other than the 75 that go via Meadowhead

route 24 (towards Lowedges, operated by First) picks up on Woodseats at 07:42, 07:57 and 08:12

route 25 (towards Bradway, operated by Stagecoach) picks up on Woodseats at 07:34, 07:49 and 08:04

route 43 (towards Chesterfield via Dronfield Woodhouse, operated by Stagecoach) picks up on Woodseats at 07:40 and 08:08

route 44 (towards Chesterfield via Batemoor & Coal Aston, operated by Stagecoach) picks up on Woodseats at 07:49

Edited by Andy C

How can a service be nearly 100% reliable

It can't. Unless it's 100%, it doesn't count as "reliable" at all.

It can't. Unless it's 100%, it doesn't count as "reliable" at all.

Personal opinion and open to debate.

If the bus ran every day all year except one when something out of the ordinary happened such as flooding it wouldn't get a 100% score but you wouldn't necessarily brand the service unreliable.

Andy c the 100% is a quote from there website

I don't think Andy's debating the quote, he's debating whether "reliable" has to mean "100% reliable" or not; I agree with him, the word's meaning isn't as inflexible as that.