Sheffield Bus Partnership update

In other news, the 52 will no longer be every 30 seconds, but will now be every 35 seconds.

And there will be no changes to the 51 service. It will continue to be appalling.

Why is the 51 so bad?

Thanks Andy, no surprise there... It's a shame that a decision concerning purely Sheffield buses couldn't have been held in Sheffield, but then I suppose there might have been a bigger public turnout and they wouldn't have liked that!

Any idea whether any sort of printed timetables will be produced? I'm expecting not...

It wasn't a public meeting and it had agenda items covering issues across South Yorkshire so it doesn't really make much difference where it is.

SYPTE no longer produce printed timetables as a result of government austerity cuts, they are available online as PDFs to print at home however and selected timetables are printed as leaflets by the operators themselves. I assume a map will be produced though.

Why is the 51 so bad?

Totally unreliable, especially at night. Driver change-overs on virtually every trip.

The timetable was written by Hans Christian Andersen.

In other news, the 52 will no longer be every 30 seconds, but will now be every 35 seconds.

And there will be no changes to the 51 service. It will continue to be appalling.

On the new network route 51 will no longer run via Eastern Avenue, instead going straight down East Bank Road, this should improve journey times and reliability between Charnock and City (although of course still doesn't stop buses getting delayed in traffic at the other side of town)

Route 52 will become the 52 and 52A. The 52 will be operated by Stagecoach as per the current Stagecoach route every 10-12 minutes Mon-Sat daytime and every 20-30 minutes evenings and Sundays. The 52A will be operated by First and run the current First route Woodhouse-Hillsborough and on to Wisewood in the daytime. This will run the same frequency as the Stagecoach service and be co-ordinated providing a combined frequency on common sections of every 5-6 minutes Mon-Sat daytime and every 10-15 minutes evenings and Sundays.

On the new network route 51 will no longer run via Eastern Avenue, instead going straight down East Bank Road, this should improve journey times and reliability between Charnock and City (although of course still doesn't stop buses getting delayed in traffic at the other side of town)

Route 52 will become the 52 and 52A. The 52 will be operated by Stagecoach as per the current Stagecoach route every 10-12 minutes Mon-Sat daytime and every 20-30 minutes evenings and Sundays. The 52A will be operated by First and run the current First route Woodhouse-Hillsborough and on to Wisewood in the daytime. This will run the same frequency as the Stagecoach service and be co-ordinated providing a combined frequency on common sections of every 5-6 minutes Mon-Sat daytime and every 10-15 minutes evenings and Sundays.

Thanks for the information.

Any idea if the 52A will use Hillsborough interchange as now?

Totally unreliable, especially at night.

Haven't used the 51 for a couple of months but when I did, it was pretty hit and miss in the evenings. Often a bus would be missing, so a 5 minute wait would become 35 minutes (or more).

Haven't used the 51 for a couple of months but when I did, it was pretty hit and miss in the evenings. Often a bus would be missing, so a 5 minute wait would become 35 minutes (or more).

Sheffield bus services seem to be poor compared to many other cities

I love this quotation from today's Star "David Young, from the South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive said ............ people travelling to hospital via the 70 would be able to change buses without having to walk."

I love this quotation from today's Star "David Young, from the South Yorkshire Passenger Transport Executive said ............ people travelling to hospital via the 70 would be able to change buses without having to walk."

Not exactly god's gift to PR.

Dore's main bus in the new network will be the 81, providing a bus from Dore direct via Ecclesall Road into the City Centre and on to Stannington every 20 minutes. Those heading into town will benefit from a more frequent service and faster journey times.

As well as the 81, at peak times there will be a bus running the route of the current 70 from Dore to Hallamshire Hospital and University of Sheffield.

During the daytime off-peak, route 272 will be diverted via Brocco Bank and Hallamshire Hospital, continuing to provide a link to the hospital from Dore Moor, Whirlow and Ecclesall.

Additionally bus 80 will run during the daytime from Millhouses Tesco into the City Centre via Carterknowle Road, Hunters Bar and Hallamshire Hospital.

Passengers from Dore village requiring Hallamshire Hospital or University in the daytime can change from the 81 onto the 80 or 272 quite easily at any of the bus stops around Endcliffe Park.

So what he meant was you won't have to walk to a different stop to make the connection.

Without printed timetables it's going to be a bit chaotic. SYPTE's website crashed when everyone was trying to get child passes for the new school year, it regularly crashes during snowy weather when people are seeking updates... If it's the only source of timetable info when the numbers and routes all change, it doesn't stand a chance! Maybe local businesses could "sponsor" printed timetables in exchange for advertising? There's a group trying to boost the city centre, I wonder if they might consider it?

Without printed timetables it's going to be a bit chaotic. SYPTE's website crashed when everyone was trying to get child passes for the new school year, it regularly crashes during snowy weather when people are seeking updates... If it's the only source of timetable info when the numbers and routes all change, it doesn't stand a chance! Maybe local businesses could "sponsor" printed timetables in exchange for advertising? There's a group trying to boost the city centre, I wonder if they might consider it?

I thought everyone came here for bus times

I would like to know the new timetable for the 81 as I rely on the 70 to go to work early in the mornings.