Cineworld refurb, Centertainment

Visited Cineworld today with my nephew . I booked the tickets online and was unaware of the refurbishing programme that was underway .

We were viewing screen 12 and the drilling began before the movie did and was clearly audible throughout the whole film,as well as a vibrating floor and seat ...!

If I hadn't been with a 10 year old (who was looking forward to Fantastic Four - blimey, the movie is beyond bad) I would have left immediately .

There are notices ( apparently) in the complex apologising for the disruption but I booked online so wasn't aware .

As we were leaving I spotted a manger and politely gave some customer feedback about by Cineworld experience .

The work has been going on for 2 days and I obviously wasn't the first to complain as 2 free complimentary tickets were handed over in a flash .

I appreciated that, but would have preferred not to have had the annoying external noise and discomfort .

Just be aware . If that sort of thing niggles maybe look at an alternative venue .

A manger? Did it contain a holy infant or just animal fodder?

---------- Post added 20-08-2015 at 22:17 ----------

In all seriousness, disgusting on the part of Cineworld. They should close the effected screens while the work is being done.

A manger? Did it contain a holy infant or just animal fodder?

---------- Post added 20-08-2015 at 22:17 ----------

In all seriousness, disgusting on the part of Cineworld. They should close the effected screens while the work is being done.

Do you mean affected screens? :wink:

Well from a business point of view they should have shut the affected areas. However as a customer its a good opportunity to get a free showing (if its something you normally wouldnt want to watch).

Parking is bad enough here, especially when there is something on at the arena. Now that their temporary portakabins have been put up round the back of the cinema it will be God's own job to get a parking space!

Several screens are out-of-action as they're refurbished in turn.

He wasn't saying they weren't Jeffrey. The one he had booked online was obviously not out of action but there was no mention of the noise disruption online to the ones that were in use. Try and keep up dear LOL

He wasn't saying they weren't Jeffrey. The one he had booked online was obviously not out of action but there was no mention of the noise disruption online to the ones that were in use.

I'm a regular card-carrying patron, and I've noticed no noise nuisance.

I'm a regular card-carrying patron, and I've noticed no noise nuisance.

That's good news. I would hope that they have addressed the problem based on wanting to give customers a better experience (than we had )...as opposed to the number of free tickets they were no doubt having to give away ;)

I went last night and the place looks like it is recovering from a bomb. The seats were worn and uncomfortable so hopefully these will soon be replaced and had to go to the other side of the complex to use the loos.

I'll stick to going to Vue for now I think.