Windows 10 - wifi problem

My friend has built me a new computer from scratch with the new windows 10. I seem to be having problems with wifi, it is really slow and sometimes wont connect. I have fibre optic broadband and when i do the speed check on my phone i'm getting 70mbps, when i do it on the computer i'm not even getting half a meg. I'm aware that some people have had similar problems, just wondering if anyone on here has had the same problem?

My friend is coming to have a look on Sunday to see if he can sort it.

How far are you from your router?Try to move computer closer to router and try speed test.And if you could post model number of wifi receiver,would be helpful too.

Sounds like a driver issue, however try using the network adaptor trouble shooting tool:

open the control panel

select view by small icons

Click Troubleshooting

Click Network & Internet

Click Network Adaptor

If you can physically connect the PC to the router via network cable, see if you can download the latest driver from the manufacturer's website to replace anything Windows 10 placed there. The first thing to ask the person who built the PC if they 'logged in to M$' whilst installing - best to have all drivers from manufacturers to hand and build 'off-line'.

If your friend is still having problems, try logging into your router and changing channel, as well as the wireless encryption type. You can also try updating the wireless drivers.

Hope this helps.

If your friend is still having problems, try logging into your router and changing channel, as well as the wireless encryption type. You can also try updating the wireless drivers.

Hope this helps.

My word, Origin have returned to this forum!!

All I can say to anyone thinking of going near this cowboy company is to keep clear.

You may want to have a read through this thread.

As you're the social media rep, can you explain why during the mass disconnection Origin decided not to communicate with anyone, didn't answer any communications, banned anyone from their social media who dared to ask what was happening?

Edited by Bonjon

My word, Origin have returned to this forum!!

All I can say to anyone thinking of going near this cowboy company is to keep clear.

You may want to have a read through this thread.

As you're the social media rep, can you explain why during the mass disconnection Origin decided not to communicate with anyone, didn't answer any communications, banned anyone from their social media who dared to ask what was happening?

Rather than de-railing turtletom's thread, you can DM me any questions and I'll be more then happy to answer them.

Rather than de-railing turtletom's thread, you can DM me any questions and I'll be more then happy to answer them.

You had several chances to return communications, but as a company you decided the best option was to bury head in sand!!