Where Can I Buy Turmeric Roots Or Powder version?

Been told that Turmeric is good for bad joints or liver problems, where can I purchase this Indian spice from?

Any Indian food stores, or health food shops, supermarkets or delis will stock it. If you want it cheap in bulk- kilo or half-kilo- please refer to my signature.

Morrisons did have the root version a while ago whether they still do I don't know,I found it much nicer than the powdered but that can be picked up just about anywhere.

Been told that Turmeric is good for bad joints or liver problems, where can I purchase this Indian spice from?

Hope this helps. If you wish to use turmeric for medicinal purposes you need to simmer it in milk and then drink it otherwise it will have very little effect (passes straight through the digestive system and very little is absorbed). However you can buy capsules from Holland and Barrett and other places which sell herbal remedies which I presume have been prepared in such a way as to overcome this without all of the messing around. I have used this for my knee, ankle shoulder and tennis elbow. http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/good-n-natural-turmeric-capsules-400mg-60000525 . It has worked for me (it basically lessens inflammation and hence the associated pain). It takes 3 or 4 days to kick in. I have found that if I stop taking it the pain comes back if the problem has not fully cleared up. I use it as an alternative to taking pain killers since it is unlikely to cause further complications as it is a food rather than a drug. You may find this interesting http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=78 Good luck.

Hope this helps. If you wish to use turmeric for medicinal purposes you need to simmer it in milk and then drink it otherwise it will have very little effect (passes straight through the digestive system and very little is absorbed). However you can buy capsules from Holland and Barrett and other places which sell herbal remedies which I presume have been prepared in such a way as to overcome this without all of the messing around. I have used this for my knee, ankle shoulder and tennis elbow. http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/good-n-natural-turmeric-capsules-400mg-60000525 . It has worked for me (it basically lessens inflammation and hence the associated pain). It takes 3 or 4 days to kick in. I have found that if I stop taking it the pain comes back if the problem has not fully cleared up. I use it as an alternative to taking pain killers since it is unlikely to cause further complications as it is a food rather than a drug. You may find this interesting http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=78 Good luck.
Thank you for the info, didn't realise that milk required. Unfortunately I can't drink milk will soya milk do ok?

Also coconut or almond I think it's a bit of fat that's needed to carry it.

If you are on Facebook there is a group called Turmeric User Group,they reccomend it is best made into a paste with coconut oil....cooked....and fresh ground black pepper added before consumption......the turmeric must also contain more than 3% curcumin. hope this helps.

Thank you for the info, didn't realise that milk required. Unfortunately I can't drink milk will soya milk do ok?

Yes it would, sound advice as well from ferretman and Wallace although personally I would get the capsules £9 for 50 days supply is going to work out a lot cheaper with a lot less messing about in the long run. Also it may be less offensive to your taste buds I have tried it other ways but unless it is mixed with something spicy enough to kill the taste (twice a day) it isn't very nice at all and it lingers.

Edited by Joe-b-1

Yes it would, sound advice as well from ferretman and Wallace although personally I would get the capsules £9 for 50 days supply is going to work out a lot cheaper with a lot less messing about in the long run. Also it may be less offensive to your taste buds I have tried it other ways but unless it is mixed with something spicy enough to kill the taste (twice a day) it isn't very nice at all and it lingers.
Yes it quite strong in taste IV tired it with Soya milk it was a interesting experience!

They sell the roots at paks supermarket over in Rotherham! Or most supermarkets sell the powdered version I use it all the time in my curries.

Edited by allwednesday

Ozman supermarket on Spital Hill used to sell it. Not sure if they still do.

They sell fresh turmeric root at Zed on The Edge, a health food shop in Nether Edge (S7 1RU)