Well done Seb Coe

Looks like "Lord" Coe might have some explaining to do.

Angel1.

Not really since he's been endorsed by WADA's chairman.

Not really since he's been endorsed by WADA's chairman.

Is this the endorsement that you're on about?

When asked by reporters if Coe's position as IAAF president is tenable, Pound said: "*We have not descended to any individual athletes or *sports official. *We have pointed out that the council could not have been unaware of the situation. "It's a fabulous opportunity for the IAAF to seize the opportunity and move forward. I can't think of anyone better than Lord Coe to lead that."

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/athletics/news/wada-chief-coe-best-man-to-lead-iaaf_264265.html#$$o0yiq2&&2eXpCLryEeWepRJrjnRi8w$$

*my bold

Reading between the lines I read it as "its your responsibility sort it or face the consequences."

Reading between the lines it sounds like certain people at the IAAF kept certain other people out of certain loops. I suppose we'll see how it turns out but I'd be amazed if Coe had any skeletons to worry about.

There could be a lot of truth in this. Coe is still on the Nike payroll so the man who's going to clean up athletics is being paid by the same company as multiple athletes who've been banned before.

Coe helped the games to go to the city where nike headquarters are,strange coincidence?

Oh you know me do you? I will refrain from insulting you as I don't know you and would consider that to be childish and would appreciate it if others took the same stance although in your case it is a little late for that. The lack of integrity that I refer to has actually got nothing to do with him leaving the city. It's more to do with him appearing to be championing the working man of Sheffield at the time (miners, steelworkers etc) and then comparing that to his political career afterwards. You should read posts 5 and 6 on this thread as well.

A first rate example of why people leave this place in spite of all its positives.

A self made man, a success.

Typical Sheffield response, why back a winner when you can be a bad loser.

And we wonder why no money comes to this place.

Jesus.

A first rate example of why people leave this place in spite of all its positives.

Jesus.

To be fair to people on this forum, it's not just on here that people are questioning if Seb Coe's integrity.

Jesus.

It's not about the destination, it is all about the journey.

I hope that many people read the post # 30 from teecee75, right on the money !!!

To be fair to people on this forum, it's not just on here that people are questioning if Seb Coe's integrity.

I was surprised he couldnt see the coi about his Nike ambassador role with being a high ranking official in the IAAA. I was shocked how he wanted to tough that out.

When I moved to Sheffield and went to a secondary modern in the Seventies there were certain challenges; if you’ve got a name like Sebastian you either learn to fight or to run. That was quite a tough school. There was corporal punishment. One teacher had a car aerial, which used to sting on the hand. The plimsoll was painful, too. I can’t say that it did me any sort of lasting mental damage, but I think you have to assume that it is better never to resolve issues by violence.

Was Tapton a tough school?

How many times do you think he received corporal punishment?

Edited by Joe-b-1
changed my mind. I really could not care less.

I don't know how perfect the IAAA are but when the chairman gave his speech yesterday did he realise his name card gave his title as CHAIMAN was it just a spelling mistake or the name of some Far East sponsor??