Well done Seb Coe

I never knew about Seb's Indian Heritage, his grandfather was Indian.

On the downside he's a Tory and a Lord. On the upside he delivered a great Olympics in London. However, if he manages to clean up athletics and stops perpetuating the lie that athletics leads the way on catching dopers then his legacy will be a good and lasting one.

I had to have dealings with him at work years ago he was not very pleasant.

Coe was and is as ruthless as he ever was.

He succeeded as a runner based on having the ability but also the iron will needed.

His other career has been exactly the same although much less ability. He couldn't cut it as a politician and returned to an area he knew. Athletics.

But the area he once knew - Sheffield - didn't offer the opportunities of London - and being an Olympian that was the field in which he wanted to play.

The rest is history. He's done well, exceptionally well. The 'Lord' bit shouldn't be overlooked, the London 2012, and now a real top job.

But he's ruthless, not easy to like, driven and determined, aloof and focussed. All great qualities but it doesn't make him much like you or me and definitely not a barrel of fun to spend time with.

He dropped Sheffield because it simply held him back. And as for the running here as a kid ............ if his dad had got a job in Liverpool, Bognor, Aberdeen or Norwich he'd have gone there.

Explain yourself.

He just did.

He succeeded as a runner based on having the ability but also the iron will needed.

His other career has been exactly the same although much less ability. He couldn't cut it as a politician and returned to an area he knew. Athletics.

But the area he once knew - Sheffield - didn't offer the opportunities of London - and being an Olympian that was the field in which he wanted to play.

The rest is history. He's done well, exceptionally well. The 'Lord' bit shouldn't be overlooked, the London 2012, and now a real top job.

But he's ruthless, not easy to like, driven and determined, aloof and focussed. All great qualities but it doesn't make him much like you or me and definitely not a barrel of fun to spend time with.

He dropped Sheffield because it simply held him back. And as for the running here as a kid ............ if his dad had got a job in Liverpool, Bognor, Aberdeen or Norwich he'd have gone there.

How do you know all this???

Re bib. I'd bet that there's a lot more politics in the IAAF than there is for an MP in one of the main parties.

So, he divides opinion. That's Ok. But I do think most successful people have a streak of ruthlessness in them.

I don't believe that anyone gets to be voted chairman of a major sporting association these days without being willing to turn a blind eye to corruption, bungs, bribes, etc. I'm sure he feels right now that he wants to make a positive, moral contribution to his sport, but I suppose we can't judge him until at least the end of his first term.

What we should remember though, is that he now owes a debt to the powerful individuals who elected him, so he's never really going to rock the boat.

I don't believe that anyone gets to be voted chairman of a major sporting association these days without being willing to turn a blind eye to corruption, bungs, bribes, etc. I'm sure he feels right now that he wants to make a positive, moral contribution to his sport, but I suppose we can't judge him until at least the end of his first term.

What we should remember though, is that he now owes a debt to the powerful individuals who elected him, so he's never really going to rock the boat.

There could be a lot of truth in this. Coe is still on the Nike payroll so the man who's going to clean up athletics is being paid by the same company as multiple athletes who've been banned before.

Yes well done put us on the map:)

Looks like "Lord" Coe might have some explaining to do.

Angel1.